retinal tear: solution laser 360 degrees circumference

1 hour ago, jas007 said:

and replaced the IOL with an IOL that could be held into place with stitches.

anything wrong with my eyes makes me stress... as it should anyone. i will bear in mind your 'adventure'. thanks for sharing. i think our experiences here can benefit others

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

today i just had YAG laser capsulotomy in my right eye... same eye as retinal tear was fixed a month ago because i could barely see out of that eye. this is usually done after cataract surgery when a membrane in your eye, called the posterior capsule, becomes cloudy. it is expected i will see fuzzy for 4-8 hours but then all should be fine. i hope that is the end of that nightmare. 

Edited by Pouatchee

On 8/2/2024 at 5:01 PM, Pouatchee said:

today i just had YAG laser capsulotomy in my right eye... same eye as retinal tear was fixed a month ago because i could barely see out of that eye. this is usually done after cataract surgery when a membrane in your eye, called the posterior capsule, becomes cloudy. it is expected i will see fuzzy for 4-8 hours but then all should be fine. i hope that is the end of that nightmare. 

They did that for me as well, on my first visit to the eye doctor in Bangkok.  It took about two minutes for both eyes.  The capsule can become cloudy over time, so they do something with the laser to clear it up. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jas007 said:

They did that for me as well, on my first visit to the eye doctor in Bangkok.  It took about two minutes for both eyes.  The capsule can become cloudy over time, so they do something with the laser to clear it up. 

Man... we really have similar problems... right now my vision is still a bit blurry. I think it is because of the floaters. It took me at least 10 minutes for 1 eye. Doctor said I would feel no pain. I actually did but way less than when I had the retina 'tacked' [sic] in place... that was gruesome. 

Thanks for sharing @jas007 always a pleasure to hear from you