Easy Visa's For Thai's

Which countries have simple and relatively fool-proof entry requirements for Thai nationals?

I know England, Singapore, Hong Kong, Macau, The Phillipines and mainland China are all relatively easy.

I know USA, Japan, Australia and Canada are all relatively difficult, depending on the Thai.

What other countries can Thai's enter with greater than 90% certainty provided they complete their application properly, pay the fee's etc.

I'm specifically interested in non-asian countries and countries which do not require you to go to great lengths to prove the Thai will return to their homeland (which seems to be the big hurdle with USA, Japan et al)

Anything in Central/South America, Europe, The Carribean etc.

Thanks!

Edited by DegenFarang

I know England, Singapore, Hong Kong, Macau, The Phillipines and mainland China are all relatively easy.

Don't know where you've heard this but there are loads of brits who will argue against that point.

I'm specifically interested in non-asian countries and countries which do not require you to go to great lengths to prove the Thai will return to their homeland (which seems to be the big hurdle with USA, Japan et al)

That's one of the biggest reasons for Visa refusal's to the UK

Don't know where you've heard this but there are loads of brits who will argue against that point.

Somebody said here that over 90% of visa applications to England are approved. Provided you complete the application properly, pay your fee's and don't appear to be in the midst of withdrawals from heroin, you sould be able to get a visa.

Thats what was quoted on this forum at least.

90%+ accuracy=a sure thing, for the purposes of this thread.

Edited by DegenFarang

Well, the Svalbard Islands, which belongs to Norway nobody need a VISA, nor a work permit, if you can provide for yourself and live with 2-3 months of total darkness in the winter (sun never rises above horison), winter temperatures down to -20 or - 30 degrees celcius, and avoid being eaten by the polar bears. Thais

form the second largest community there after the Norwegians with 70 of them having settled there.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Southeast_Asia/IC27Ae01.html

Well, the Svalbard Islands, which belongs to Norway nobody need a VISA, nor a work permit, if you can provide for yourself and live with 2-3 months of total darkness in the winter (sun never rises above horison), winter temperatures down to -20 or - 30 degrees celcius, and avoid being eaten by the polar bears. Thais

form the second largest community there after the Norwegians with 70 of them having settled there.

I think this was probably a joke, but it is actually quite helpful...if true. I'd imagine most of the carribean islands operate in the same way, though I'm not certain. Does anybody know for sure?

I think this was probably a joke, but it is actually quite helpful...if true. I'd imagine most of the carribean islands operate in the same way, though I'm not certain. Does anybody know for sure?

It is actualy true. A joke for most of you, yes. But for me it is actually an option. I grew up there :o

Which countries have simple and relatively fool-proof entry requirements for Thai nationals?

I know USA, Japan, Australia and Canada are all relatively difficult, depending on the Thai.

What other countries can Thai's enter with greater than 90% certainty provided they complete their application properly, pay the fee's etc.

Anything in Central/South America, Europe, The Carribean etc.

Thanks!

Thai Nationals do not require a visa in advance to enter brazil. They can get a VOA for 60 days, which can also be extended to 90.

The 90% statisctic you mention for approvals to the uk is accurate however it should really say that 90% of uk visa's are approved 'eventually'

It may take years to actually get one

Mark

Edited by markr

When I was researching this question to take our Thai friend with us on vacation here is the list from the various embassy's websites I was able to access. I have not included the asian countries as almost all of them (except Cambodia) allow Thai citizens to enter without a pre-arranged visa.

Anguilla – No visa required

Bermuda – No visa required

Brazil – Visa on arrival

Brunai – 14 days allowed on arrival

Ecuador – Visa on arrival

Haiti – No visa required

South Korea – No visa required

Maldives – No visa required

Nicaraqua – No visa required

Peru – No visa required

Sri Lanka – No visa required

I can only pass this information along and cannot personally vouch that it is true by experience, as we have not traveled to these locations yet. Information was obtained about 3 months ago.

Hope this helps.

Edited by sigmondfreed

When I was researching this question to take our Thai friend with us on vacation here is the list from the various embassy's websites I was able to access. I have not included the asian countries as almost all of them (except Cambodia) allow Thai citizens to enter without a pre-arranged visa.

Brazil – Visa on arrival

Haiti – No visa required

Peru – No visa required

I can only pass this information along and cannot personally vouch that it is true by experience, as we have not traveled to these locations yet. Information was obtained about 3 months ago.

Hope this helps.

great list! thanks a million!

i just researched The Bahamas a bit and I saw on their website that Thai people need a Visa and a Passport to enter. Anybody have any idea how hard that Visa is to come by? If I just write a letter of support and send in a copy of my US passport, will this get granted? Or do they turn Thai's away w/ great frequency?

My girfriend applied for a US tourist visa in BKK and she got it without any problems. She had a lot of documents, including letters from my mother stating that she would take care of her financially; an itinerary of our intended visits to areas of the US; bank records; her home ownership documents; employer letters to state their guarantee to hold her job. She does have a Thai passport with Singapore, Germany, Vietnam, Malaysia, Myanmar and Laos visas from past trips. That may have helped.

When we presented the application to the clerk at the US Embassy in BKK, she never...NEVER even asked for any other documentation other than her application. Nuff said.

We're here now in the US and return to Khao Lak in September.

She was issued a 10 Year Multiple Entry visa to the US.

My girfriend applied for a US tourist visa in BKK and she got it without any problems. She had a lot of documents, including letters from my mother stating that she would take care of her financially; an itinerary of our intended visits to areas of the US; bank records; her home ownership documents; employer letters to state their guarantee to hold her job. She does have a Thai passport with Singapore, Germany, Vietnam, Malaysia, Myanmar and Laos visas from past trips. That may have helped.

When we presented the application to the clerk at the US Embassy in BKK, she never...NEVER even asked for any other documentation other than her application. Nuff said.

Glad that worked out for you, but those Visa's are not easy to come by, and the USA would be at the dead bottom of the list of easy countries for Thai's to visit :o

Just going back to the Uk visa I think you will find that 90% of visa applications that are ACCEPTED are approved many are not accepted where they will fail for sure. I have know that in the past at least three times where the application was refused, one the suggestion that the sponsor should know the girl longer than than three months, another because there was a lack of evidence of contact and the other because no reason to return and it was obvious that the applicant was not telling all the truth. (these three would not be in that 90%)

Edited by mgc

Just going back to the Uk visa I think you will find that 90% of visa applications that are ACCEPTED are approved many are not accepted where they will fail for sure. I have know that in the past at least three times where the application was refused, one the suggestion that the sponsor should know the girl longer than than three months, another because there was a lack of evidence of contact and the other because no reason to return and it was obvious that the applicant was not telling all the truth. (these three would not be in that 90%)

This goes a bit off topic, and there is most likely better topic for this, but anyway... my gf applied for UK visa last year and in the interview in Bangkok UK embassy she was asked about the size of her bf penis for example...

Not that she would not know, I doubt that the embassy have a record of this?? Is this normal?? Do they ask this from any girl that applies visa to UK? And what answer is right one? Do they really have a right to go so deep :o (personal)...

well when or if we ever apply visa to Finland and this same question would show up there I would most definetly contact the Finish foreign ministry and ask if this is really need to know. (not that I would be shy about my penis size, but for thai girl is a bit too much to asked to explain that in a situation like visa interview).

oh and she did not get the visa... she failed to explain the size well enough I think... or perhaps she estimated in cm instead of inches and this confused the women officer...

back to the topic... the Norwegien island (what ever the name was) sound really interesting.. is there any other places like that in Europe where the Thais do not need a work permission ??? anyone??

Edited by 0zz1

This goes a bit off topic, and there is most likely better topic for this, but anyway... my gf applied for UK visa last year and in the interview in Bangkok UK embassy she was asked about the size of her bf penis for example...
I certainly would have put in an official complaint over that, it is a completely unacceptable question and I would fully expect the official involved to be sacked from their position at the embassy.

It serves absolutely no purpose because it's unverifiable, if she is an undesirable "working" girl she'll know anyway, if she is a girlfriend she'll know as well. One can only assume, if true, that it's some form of sexual harassment.

The countries I know that are no visa, or visa on arrival :

SE Asian nations (Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar etc)

Brazil

South Africa

Here is a list I kept from a similar post last year, Not sure hown accurate it is or who compiled it.

The following is the result of my research for the countries which permit a Thai citizen to enter without a visa or by obtaining a visa upon arrival. ANDORRA No visa requirements exist for Andorra. However, apply the relevant regulations of France or Spain, whichever must be transited to reach Andorra. ARMENIA Visa required, which can be obtained on arrival at Yerevan Zvartnots Airport only, for a touristic stay of max. 21 days provided holding sufficient funds. However, it is recommended to obtain a visa prior to arrival. AZERBAIJAN Visa required, which can be issued on arrival for a max. stay of 30 days. An invitation is not necessary but it is recommended to hold a document that shows the purpose of the visit. Visa is only valid for the cities listed in the visa. BAHAMAS Visa required. However, visa not required provided continuing to a third country within 3 days. BAHRAIN Visa required. A 14 day tourist or business visa can be obtained on arrival. Two week extension possible. BELARUS Visa can be issued on arrival. BERMUDA Visa not required. Bermuda Immigration officers will decide on max. period of stay (up to 6 months) depending on reason for travel. BRAZIL Visa not required for a touristic or business stay of max. 90 days. One extension possible. BRUNEI Visa not required for a max. stay of 14 days. BURKINA FASO Visa required. However, if coming from a country with no diplomatic representation of Burkina Faso, a visa can be obtained upon arrival for a max. stay of 3 months. BURUNDI Visa can be obtained on arrival, if no diplomatic representation of Burundi is located in country of origin. CAMBODIA Visa required. However, visa can be obtained on arrival, if coming for: - touristic purposes for a stay of max. 1 month. - business purposes for a stay of max. 1 month. Extension of stay is possible. CAPE VERDE ISLANDS Individual passengers coming from countries where no diplomatic representation of Cape Verde is established may obtain visa on arrival. CHILE Visa not required for a stay of max. 90 days. (Extension of 90 days possible). COMORES ISLANDS Visa issue upon arrival at Immigration Office downtown, payable in freely convertible currency. COOK ISLANDS If visit is solely for touristic purposes: visa not required for a stay of max. 31 days. If visit is for business purposes (which may include acting for or on behalf of a person/firm established outside Cook Islands): visa required (which can be issued on arrival), for a stay of max. 21 days. CUBA If there is no Cuban consulate, neither one situated in country nearby, so that a visa is very difficult to obtain, passenger may apply for a "Visa waiver for Cuba" by sending a letter to Foreign Relations Ministry. If coming for touristic purposes and holding Tourist Card ("Tarjeta del Turista"): visa not required. DOMINICA Visa not required for stay of max. 21 days. EGYPT Visa required. However, a 14 days visa -free of charge- can be obtained on arrival, if entering Egypt via South Sinai (through Sant Katherine, Sharm El Sheik or Taba airports), provided: - remaining in South Sinai resorts; and - not continuing to any other city in Egypt. ERITREA Visa required, which can be obtained on arrival for a stay of max. 1 month (renewable for another 2 months), provided request has been made by sponsor to Eritrea Immigration at least 48 hours before arrival. ETHIOPIA Visa required, which can be obtained on arrival for a max. stay of 3 months if coming for touristic purposes. In some cases visa can also be obtained if coming for business purposes. FALKLAND ISLANDS Visa required. However, visa not required: a). if holding written authority issued by: - HM Government of the United Kingdom; or - the Falkland Islands; or - a British Consulate; or :o. continuing journey by cruise ship as a passenger, within 24 hours of arrival. FIJI Visa not required. On arrival a visitor's permit can be obtained for a stay of max. 4 months. GAMBIA Visa required. However, visa can be issued on arrival if: - travelling as tourist on charter flights or as part of a tour package. Within 48 hours extension of stay must be obtained from the Immigration Headquarters in Banjul; or - coming from a country without consulate or embassy of Gambia. GEORGIA Visa required. However, visa (of various types and length of stays) can be obtained on arrival at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Visa Dept. at the airport. HAITI Visa not required for a stay of max. 3 months. HONG KONG Visa not required for stay of max. 1 month. INDONESIA Visa not required for a max. stay of 30 days, provided: - coming for touristic purposes only; and - arriving at certain airports. IRAN Visa required. However, it can be issued on arrival provided: 1. coming for tourist purposes only for a max. stay of 7 days, or 2. passenger has been introduced by means of a letter from valid organization or government at least two days prior to arrival, for a max. stay of 72 hours. IRAQ Visa required. If arriving at Erbil International Airport, visa can be obtained on arrival, should the immigration authorities deem the issuance of such a visa necessary. ISRAEL Visa required. However, if travelling in a group of 10 or more passengers and holding prior approval from Ministry of Interior, visa can be obtained on arrival. KAZAKHSTAN Visa required. A visa can be issued on arrival at Almaty/Astana airports (provided pre-arranged and approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan) for both private and business purposes, for a stay of max. one month. However, it is highly recommended to arrange visa before arrival in Kazakhstan, as issue of visa upon arrival may cause considerable delay. KENYA Visa required. It is possible for a visa for a max. stay of 3 months to be issued on arrival. However, this will cause considerable delay. KOREA (REPUBLIC) Visa not required for a stay of max. 3 months. KUWAIT Visa required. However, visa can be obtained on arrival if coming for vacation or leisure for a stay of max. 1 month, provided: - having sponsor in Kuwait holding the original visa; and - holding confirmation from transporting airline that visa is available on arrival. KYRGYZSTAN Visa can be issued on arrival for a stay of max. one month when coming from: - countries with Kyrgyzstan representation, provided holding confirmation from Kyrgyzstan authorities; - countries without Kyrgyzstan representation, provided a sponsor can announce the passenger(s) to the authorities. LAOS Visa required, which can be obtained upon arrival for a max. stay of 15 days (one extension possible) provided passenger is coming from a country without representation of Laos. LIBERIA Visa required. If arriving from a country without diplomatic representation of Liberia: visa issue on arrival possible if holding telex confirmation from the station manager of delivering airline. LITHUANIA Visa required, which in some cases may be issued on arrival. MACAO Visa not required for a stay of max. 30 days. MADAGASCAR Visa required. A 90 days visa can be obtained on arrival. Note, if there is a representation in country of residence it is strongly recommended to obtain visa before arrival. Furthermore, in order to prevent delays through immigration, it is also strongly recommended to obtain a visa prior to arrival. MALAYSIA Visa not required for a stay of max. 1 month. MALDIVES Visa required, which can be obtained on arrival for a max. stay of 30 days. MICRONESIA Visa not required for a stay of max. 30 days, provided coming for touristic or visitor purposes. MOLDOVA Visa required, which can be obtained on arrival at Chisinau Airport provided arriving from a country without diplomatic representation of Moldova . MONGOLIA Visa required. Visa can be obtained on arrival, provided arriving from a country without Mongolian diplomatic representation. MOZAMBIQUE Visa required. However, if coming for touristic or business purposes, visa can be obtained on arrival. NEPAL Tourist visa can be issued on arrival for a stay of: - 60 days, - max. 150 days, multiple entry. NIUE Visa not required for a stay up to 30 days. OMAN Visa required. The following visas can be obtained on arrival: 1. Single entry "Visit Visa" for a max. stay of one month. (Extension of one month possible). 2. Multiple entry visa, possible validity up to a max. of one year (no extensions possible) for a max. stay of 3 weeks with a minimum of 3 weeks between visits. PALAU ISLANDS Visa required, which can be obtained on arrival for a stay of max. 30 days (extension possible). PAPUA NEW GUINEA Visa can be obtained on arrival for a touristic or business stay of max. 60 days. However, it is recommended to obtain visa prior to arrival. PERU Visa not required for a max. stay of 90 days, for touristic purposes only. 30 day extensions possible (max. 3 extensions) PHILIPPINES Visa not required for a max. stay of 21 days. Extension may be possible. QATAR The following visas can be obtained on arrival: - 14 day tourist visa, provided application submitted to airport immigration at least 24 hours before arrival by any of the registered hotels in Doha. Extension of a further 14 days stay possible; or - 7 day business visa can be issued at Doha airport provided: notification received at least 48 hours prior to arrival. RWANDA If no diplomatic representation of Rwanda is located in country of origin, visa can be obtained on arrival at Immigration Service. SAMOA Visa not required if holding a visitor's permit, which can be obtained on arrival for a stay of max. 60 days. Extension is possible. SAO TOME & PRINCIPE Visa may only be granted on arrival provided prior arrangements have been made by transporting carrier up to 24 hours prior to flight departure. Max. stay of one month allowed. SEYCHELLES Visa not required as Visitor's Permit for 1 month (depends on validity of ticket) will be issued on arrival. SIERRA LEONE Visa required, which can be obtained on arrival, provided travelling for touristic purposes only, for a max. stay of 30 days. SINGAPORE Visa not required provided obtaining a Social Visit Pass on arrival for a stay of 14 or 30 days (free of charge). Extension of stay up to 3 months may be possible. SOLOMON ISLANDS "Visitors Permit" required, which can be obtained on arrival for a max. stay of 3 months. SOUTH AFRICA Visa not required for a max. stay of 30 days, provided coming for touristic or business purposes. SRI LANKA Visa required, which can be obtained on arrival for a touristic stay of max. 30 days. ST. KITTS-NEVIS Visa not required for stay of max. 14 days provided continuing to a third country. ST. VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES Visa not required for a max. stay of 1 month. Extensions possible. SURINAME Visa required. Visa can be obtained on arrival only when prior approval has been received from the Consular Section of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. SYRIA Visa can be obtained on arrival if prior arrangement by Syrian Sponsor with Syrian Immigration. TANZANIA Visa required, which can be obtained on arrival. TIMOR LESTE Entry Permit can be obtained on arrival for a max. stay of 30 days. Extensions of up to 90 days are possible. TOGO Visa required, which can be obtained on arrival for max. 7 days. TURKMENISTAN Visa required. However, a 10 day visa can be obtained on arrival provided: - arriving from a country where there is to representation of Turkmenistan, and - holding a letter of invitation which has been approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. TUVALU Visa required, which can be obtained on arrival for a stay of max. one month. UGANDA Visa required, which can be obtained on arrival. VANUATU Visa not required for a max. stay of 30 days. Extension of stay up to 4 months in any 1 year period possible. VIETNAM Visa not required for a max. stay of 30 days, provided holding onward/return ticket. ZAMBIA Visa required, which can be issued on arrival This search engine and database is provided and managed by the International Air Transport Association (IATA). Source: Quantas http://www.qantas.com.au/info/flying/befor...avel/visaHealth I hope the information provided is helpful. If you have any questions regarding my answer please don't hesitate to ask before rating.

Glad that worked out for you, but those Visa's are not easy to come by, and the USA would be at the dead bottom of the list of easy countries for Thai's to visit :o

USA's not dead bottom. I found it easier than Oz. (Oz is DEAD BOTTOM in terms of ease - and if they do issue a visa, it'll be a 3 month single-entry so you have to go through the whole hassle every time you want to go there.)

USA issued my wife with a 10-year multi-entry, and was no real hassle to get. (So long as you're only going on a holiday, might be harder if you're American as, obviously, it would be harder to prove reason to return.)

She's been to Oz twice since then, and the hassles the second time mean we actually avoid holidaying in Oz now. (She took the kids, and her Thai niece, to the Gold coast one Songkran - to visit a couple of theme parks and a wildlife park)

Brazil – Visa on arrival

Haiti – No visa required

Peru – No visa required

Hope this helps.

great list! thanks a million!

i just researched The Bahamas a bit and I saw on their website that Thai people need a Visa and a Passport to enter. Anybody have any idea how hard that Visa is to come by? If I just write a letter of support and send in a copy of my US passport, will this get granted? Or do they turn Thai's away w/ great frequency?

I think you will have great difficulty getting your lady out of thailand international airport without a visa in her passport. My wife was pulled over and asked where she was going and how long for, and she was actually with me at the time.

My GF also has no problem, the documentation was never looked at, but her passport showed sveral countries where sge had entered and of course returned to Thailand.

<br />Thais don't require visas to visit Malaysia and are allowed to stay for one month.<br /><br />Scouse.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Make sure you have an on forward ticket or she's not getting out!

Happened to me..

Good luck.

My wife was refused a visit visa to UK by this plastic consulate lot - VFS or whatever.

We had marriage certificate plus translation; she owns property in Thailand (two locations in her name) - we had evidence.

I have property in UK, plus I am a British citizen by birth.

But not enough for the vfs people. But then vfs are under investigation in other countries for soliciting bribes (as of newspaper reports in the past fortnight).

Maybe that's the way to get a UK visa.

My wife was refused a visit visa to UK by this plastic consulate lot - VFS or whatever.

We had marriage certificate plus translation; she owns property in Thailand (two locations in her name) - we had evidence.

But not enough for the vfs people. But then vfs are under investigation in other countries for soliciting bribes (as of newspaper reports in the past fortnight).

there must be a reason why they turned you down. did they give any explanation at all?

there must be a reason why they turned you down. did they give any explanation at all?

The vfs illegally changed my partners Visa Application on Friday.

Luckily we are using the services of an immigration adviser so the matter has been forwarded to the relevant parties and hopefully hasn't been damaged too much.