CBS poll, 72% percent of voters expressed doubts about President Joe Biden's mental fitness

Social Media

The way I see it as a swing voter / moderate:

Trump is a unsubtle and rampant liar.  He serves himself and his ego.  He is not at all patriotic.  And he looks bad, to the world.

HOWEVER...most of the scary <deleted> he said in the previous election turned out to also be lies and his actual policy turned out to be fairly normal for a republican.  No mass deportations, barely any wall built, Mexico didn't pay for it, etc.  My guess is that's because he spent time golfing and letting everyone else do policy.

So he's not my ideal candidate, by a long shot.  But based on his previous run, he wasn't a disaster, either.

Biden did some ok <deleted> (Infrastructure law), <deleted> up some other <deleted> (immigration).  I don't hate him.  I don't like him.  He's...ok-ish.  If it was 2020 Biden vs. Trump now, I would probably not vote nor particularly care who won.

But now, he's cooked.  And the dems are exposed as the liars they (rightly) accuse Trump of being.  I think they did some damage to their own party which is bigger than this particular election.  In fact, I am guessing they may have to do some self-reflection and reinvent themselves.  I am hoping that means returning to core democratic values and giving up on this hardcore identity politics crap.  I mean, they have been losing minorities to Trump.  If that isn't a wake up call, what is?  Are they going to make up all the ground with Gen-Z voters that are being destroyed by inflation?  I don't see it happening.

I will vote for Trump over Biden if that's how they play it.  If Biden steps down and we get a democrat I can respect (maybe Shapiro?), I might consider voting for him.  That said, I think the dems are cooked, either way, this election.  Maybe better to cut your losses this time and really focus on reforming your party around a candidate that can form more complete sentences that tonight's barfine.

16 minutes ago, QuantumQuandry said:

The way I see it as a swing voter / moderate:

Trump is a unsubtle and rampant liar.  He serves himself and his ego.  He is not at all patriotic.  And he looks bad, to the world.

HOWEVER...most of the scary <deleted> he said in the previous election turned out to also be lies and his actual policy turned out to be fairly normal for a republican.  No mass deportations, barely any wall built, Mexico didn't pay for it, etc.  My guess is that's because he spent time golfing and letting everyone else do policy.

So he's not my ideal candidate, by a long shot.  But based on his previous run, he wasn't a disaster, either.

Biden did some ok <deleted> (Infrastructure law), <deleted> up some other <deleted> (immigration).  I don't hate him.  I don't like him.  He's...ok-ish.  If it was 2020 Biden vs. Trump now, I would probably not vote nor particularly care who won.

But now, he's cooked.  And the dems are exposed as the liars they (rightly) accuse Trump of being.  I think they did some damage to their own party which is bigger than this particular election.  In fact, I am guessing they may have to do some self-reflection and reinvent themselves.  I am hoping that means returning to core democratic values and giving up on this hardcore identity politics crap.  I mean, they have been losing minorities to Trump.  If that isn't a wake up call, what is?  Are they going to make up all the ground with Gen-Z voters that are being destroyed by inflation?  I don't see it happening.

I will vote for Trump over Biden if that's how they play it.  If Biden steps down and we get a democrat I can respect (maybe Shapiro?), I might consider voting for him.  That said, I think the dems are cooked, either way, this election.  Maybe better to cut your losses this time and really focus on reforming your party around a candidate that can form more complete sentences that tonight's barfine.

IMHO the gaslighting about Biden's condition over the past year or so will really haunt both the Democratic Party and the media (but I repeat myself). Even up to last week they were peddling this nonsense about "cheap fakes" and denying reality. Like I have said before- they knew. They have known for a long time that Biden was slipping. And they not only hid it from the American people, they actively lied about it, and they tried to shame/silence anyone who mentioned it. 

I think this explains the panic after the debate. The first reaction was "Joe's gotta go", and you saw it for about 24 hours. Editorials, reactions on tv, blogs, interviews. Endless speculation about who can/should replace him.  Then the reality set in that the only way to get rid of Joe is to convince him to voluntarily leave. Which won't happen. So the narrative shifted 180 degrees. Now it was "just one bad night" and "I'm old but at least I tell the truth" and "let's win this thing with the guy that got us here".  It is so fake and peurile. 

The damage to the Democratic brand is done.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

IMHO the gaslighting about Biden's condition over the past year or so will really haunt both the Democratic Party and the media (but I repeat myself). Even up to last week they were peddling this nonsense about "cheap fakes" and denying reality. Like I have said before- they knew. They have known for a long time that Biden was slipping. And they not only hid it from the American people, they actively lied about it, and they tried to shame/silence anyone who mentioned it. 

I think this explains the panic after the debate. The first reaction was "Joe's gotta go", and you saw it for about 24 hours. Editorials, reactions on tv, blogs, interviews. Endless speculation about who can/should replace him.  Then the reality set in that the only way to get rid of Joe is to convince him to voluntarily leave. Which won't happen. So the narrative shifted 180 degrees. Now it was "just one bad night" and "I'm old but at least I tell the truth" and "let's win this thing with the guy that got us here".  It is so fake and peurile. 

The damage to the Democratic brand is done.

Strange how you a foreigner who is a trump cheerleader hasent called out trumps over the top lies and just plain racist tropes and his beyond bizzare Lies about a woman’s right to choose……not a peep that being said yup Biden is old and on the same token look at the results his TEAM has achieved for MY country I know it is your deepest wish to saddle my country with this abomination trump and I just ask myself why?further more if you hear what trump said I say the damage to the retrumplickn brand is done.

1 hour ago, connda said:

Hate to tell you this but Biden's dementia didn't happen over one night.

You know, I was actually musing to myself that maybe the best thing they could have done was some quick thinking and call an ambulance at the debate and then say he had a mini stroke (or whatever) but now he's recovered lol

11 hours ago, Tug said:

Strange how you a foreigner who is a trump cheerleader hasent called out trumps over the top lies and just plain racist tropes and his beyond bizzare Lies about a woman’s right to choose……not a peep that being said yup Biden is old and on the same token look at the results his TEAM has achieved for MY country I know it is your deepest wish to saddle my country with this abomination trump and I just ask myself why?further more if you hear what trump said I say the damage to the retrumplickn brand is done.

Trump can walk, play golf and talk like a human.

The other guy is a corpse.