What to choose

couchpotato

I have a laptop with WIN 11 (it needs replacing)

I have a Huawei Android phone (also needs replacing)

So I have a choice of a new laptop (about 30k) and a new Samsung 24+ which keeps the same software.

OR:::::

My wife and daughter both have iphones 15's and macbook Air, so they are telling me I should change to that platform and then all compatible.

I have never used Apple products (only WIN and Android) so maybe some sensible suggestions from the forum would help.

Thanks.

14 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

I have a laptop with WIN 11 (it needs replacing)

I have a Huawei Android phone (also needs replacing)

So I have a choice of a new laptop (about 30k) and a new Samsung 24+ which keeps the same software.

OR:::::

My wife and daughter both have iphones 15's and macbook Air, so they are telling me I should change to that platform and then all compatible.

I have never used Apple products (only WIN and Android) so maybe some sensible suggestions from the forum would help.

Thanks.

It depends, I suppose, on what you use the computer for.  If you’re just using it to play around online, I’m sure a MacBook Air would be fine.  I use all Apple products and don’t have any complaints.  And I wouldn’t worry too much about learning a new system.  It’s simple, and there’s no shortage of online help videos.  

Over the years, I’ve used both Apple and Windows computers. The Apple ecosystem is better, I think.  

• Thanks 1