Opening a Thai Bank Account

I opened an account with Bangkok bank in Pattaya last week. They looked at my passport, which had a multiple entry non immigrant visa. Told me to get a Certificate of Residence, which I did. That was all that was needed. No hassle.

" you are all over the place and full of misinformation." I could apply  for a retirement OR I could apply for a marriage. Why is that an issue. Why can I not consider either and apply for which ever is the easiest or the most convenient?

On 7/8/2024 at 10:43 PM, rickudon said:

Finally, if you are going to be living in Thailand, make sure you have enough money..... are you going to work (if you do not have a job lined up, do not count on it)? Do you have enough pension? You said you do not have much cash. What with exchange rate calculations and contingencies, you need 50% more than you calculate you need. Otherwise you WILL end up broke.

No problem meeting the earnings requirement. To meet the cash requirement I could cash in some ISAs but what woud be the point of a cashing is a source of income to sit in a current account doing bugger all?

12 hours ago, James9999 said:

No problem meeting the earnings requirement. To meet the cash requirement I could cash in some ISAs but what woud be the point of a cashing is a source of income to sit in a current account doing bugger all?

Congratulations on finding the Quote button.

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, James9999 said:

Are you taking the piss? Is that really necassary?

A poster suggested you learn about the quote function on Monday morning so no, not taking the piss and yes, really necessary.  Thanks for making the effort.