Single-entry tourist eVisa from London

I assisted my mate with his online tourist eVisa application late last year in the UK and recall that although he wanted a single-entry, 60-day visa, the process was a bit of a nightmare when it tried to be one thing for every type of visa and a lot of extra documentary requests didn't apply to the "simpler" visas. Have they sorted that out? I recall they asked him for a "Document indicating current location" document, so we scanned and uploaded the front page of his council tax bill. Is there anything else that they would accept for that? A rental agreement, or hotel booking maybe?

I will be helping him with his eVisa application again in a few months time, so just checking to see if it is same-same but different from last year.

15 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I will be helping him with his eVisa application again in a few months time, so just checking to see if it is same-same but different from last year.

Totally re-vamped and streamlined eVisa process for single entry tourist visas. Way WAY WAY better than when the system rolled out

They still do the "show us you can use this consulate" thing and anything with his name and UK address on it will work

You shouldn't have much issue at all applying for them,

14 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I assisted my mate with his online tourist eVisa application late last year in the UK and recall that although he wanted a single-entry, 60-day visa, the process was a bit of a nightmare when it tried to be one thing for every type of visa and a lot of extra documentary requests didn't apply to the "simpler" visas. Have they sorted that out? I recall they asked him for a "Document indicating current location" document, so we scanned and uploaded the front page of his council tax bill. Is there anything else that they would accept for that? A rental agreement, or hotel booking maybe?

A friend did the same thing last month and had to supply a copy of his utility bill, electric I believe he sent them, with his name and address on and the last one he had received.

He got his visa done in less than 10 minutes he told me.

I believe it's to stop people getting E visas from outside of the UK.

• Thumbs Up 1

I applied for a SETV in April via the UK online system. It was a much simpler process and was received in 48 hours.

I seem to recall I only provided evidence of address (bank statement although financials not required), passport biometrics page, return flight confirmation and confirmation of first 2 nights hotel booking (Agoda voucher).

I didn't have to upload the previous document for various sections stating "not required for SETV".

There was a slight delay with the payment process but received the payment receipt after about 12 hours. 

I applied for a METV at the end of last month, and for the 'Document indicating current residency' requirement I uploaded the biodata page from my passport as this was accepted for my visa application the previous year.

I received an emailed saying "With regards to your e-Visa application, the Royal Thai Embassy/ The Royal Thai Consulate-General would like to request for additional documents as follows: Document indicating current location: - Utility bills eg. Electricity bills/ Gas / Mobile phone / Rental agreements/ Bank Statement or UK/Ireland Driving licence.”"

Unfortunately I wasn't able to provide any of the above so instead uploaded a recent tax statement from HMRC showing my name and address, and this was accepted.

I can only comment on the METV not SETV but as stated above, the application process is so much easier these days.

Good luck.  

• Thumbs Up 1

All good news, thanks. My mate's dad has taken ill and is in hospital, so this info will be taking away some of the worry he had about getting his visa for his next trip

Coming to Thailand from nearly any country in the world doesn't require a visa application, you would be given 60 days on arrival plus I believe that could now be 90 days, an extension can be got at an immigration office or a short road trip across into Laos, etc. will get you a new entry also.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, phetpeter said:

Coming to Thailand from nearly any country in the world doesn't require a visa application, you would be given 60 days on arrival plus I believe that could now be 90 days, an extension can be got at an immigration office or a short road trip across into Laos, etc. will get you a new entry also.

I think you have to do some research........🤗 

• Agree 2