Certificate of Residence (CoR)

55 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thinking a rental agreement and TM30 would be sufficient 

Far better to link to the official page    🙂

https://www.rd.go.th/english/21987.html

56 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You do not require a COR to renew passport.

If you use an agent you may well require a CoR , or Proof of Address in Thailand: Present a document verifying your current address, such as a utility bill or rental agreement.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

The OP did not receive ONE reply for 3 hours and I bumped his post.

Concentrate on directly assisting threads. 

Rather than post link ...answer the OP. His question 

"Do I need CoR when requesting tax TIN number?"

13 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

If you use an agent you may well require a CoR , or Proof of Address in Thailand: Present a document verifying your current address, such as a utility bill or rental agreement.

That is a nonsense. 

I recently renewed my pp. 

OP stated nothing about agent. 

Proof of address in Thailand is not required. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, SouthThailand said:

2. Do I need CoR when requesting tax TIN number?

I didn't need one when obtaining a TIN from my local tax office a few weeks ago. But I am aware of at least 1 recent report on the banking forum of a COR being asked for. Therefore suggest that you ask your local tax office.

3 hours ago, bigt3116 said:

https://www.rd.go.th/english/21987.html

Had you first taken the trouble to learn, mark and inwardly digest the gobbledegook spouted on that "wondrous" link, then you will have found that it contains zilch by way of specific info as to whether or not a COR is an explicit requirement for obtaining a TIN, as per the OP's second query.

Edited by OJAS
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, SouthThailand said:

1. Do I need CoR when I renew my passport here in Thailand at my embassy?

ST

1. No

2. No

Done both

• Like 1

PS for the TIN you don't need a CoR, but some proof of Thai income has until now been necessary.  The easiest is usually the interest from your bank book. 

Go to your bank first,  tell them you want to get your 15% withholding tax on interest refunded, they will print out a form for you (up to three years back), take it to the tax office and apply for TIN and refund. 

In Thailand,  you don't get a TIN just for fun. You need a reason: pay or refund taxes. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OJAS said:

I didn't need one when obtaining a TIN from my local tax office a few weeks ago. But I am aware of at least 1 recent report on the banking forum of a COR being asked for. Therefore suggest that you ask your local tax office.

Had you first taken the trouble to learn, mark and inwardly digest the gobbledegook spouted on that "wondrous" link, then you will have found that it contains zilch by way of specific info as to whether or not a COR is an explicit requirement for obtaining a TIN, as per the OP's second query.

Do you think possibly that if the official website does not mention a COR, that it might just be because one is not needed! Or did you think the site should mention everything that is NOT needed?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, SouthThailand said:

ST

tourist ? 2 posts

embassy normally do not renew here if you are not living in thailand, except emergency one

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, john donson said:

tourist ? 2 posts

embassy normally do not renew here if you are not living in thailand, except emergency one

That is incorrect.

Obtained passport renewal couple of months back.

Was not dependant on living in Thailand. 

The whole process was done via mail to my embassy in Bangkok.

Very simple process. 

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, john donson said:

tourist ?

Me? No.

You do not like new members to join the forum?

Please complain to moderators so they can block future new members from joining the community.

Don't think you will be successful with that, but you should give it a try.

ST

3 hours ago, john donson said:

tourist ? 2 posts

It depends on which country. 

My embassy does need a valid reason why I want to renew my passport here. 

There can be many reasons: living here,  unability to get home in due time...

A tourist on visa exemption would not get his passport renewed in Thailand if he can just as well do it at home. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, SouthThailand said:

ST

I obtained my TIN without a CoR.

Just used my yellow book, pink ID card and passport.

I applied to renew my UK passport at VFS two weeks ago.

A bank statement in English, showing my address was sufficient. I took along copy of blue book, but it was returned to me as not needed.

No C of R was required.

They told me it would take about four weeks, but surprisingly I received the email that it was ready to collect only ten days after application.  

I can't comment on a TIN.

21 hours ago, Andycoops said:

I obtained my TIN without a CoR.

Just used my yellow book, pink ID card and passport.

Interesting.  " ... and passport " ... Interesting.

Yesterday my Thai wife submitted online an application for myself to obtain a TIN.  In the online form she was allowed to select what form of ID, and she selected the entry that allowed her to use my 'pink-ID'.  She also needed to use my Yellow Book (she stated the form asked her to provide residence proof where a house book was acceptable for such). 

The 'online' application form had no way to upload images of copies of Yellow Book nor Pink-ID, and instead one is then given an email address where copies of these are to be sent by email.

She forwarded the email (with the pink-ID/yellow book copies as attachments) on to the Revenue Department email address and she received an an email back acknowledging receipt of her email.  My assumption is acknowledgement is not the same as acceptance.

She did NOT (at least not yet) send a copy of my passport.  She stated to me such was not asked for a passport in the online form (if Pink-ID submitted as identity proof).  I find that I bit difficult to believe, but we will see if the Revenue Department gets back to us and asks for the Passport copies.

I am in no hurry to get a TIN, so if not sending the passport copy slows down this process, then that is fine by me.

Edited by oldcpu

On 7/11/2024 at 12:47 PM, phetphet said:

I applied to renew my UK passport at VFS two weeks ago.

A bank statement in English, showing my address was sufficient. I took along copy of blue book, but it was returned to me as not needed.

No C of R was required.

They told me it would take about four weeks, but surprisingly I received the email that it was ready to collect only ten days after application.  

I can't comment on a TIN.

"A bank statement in English, showing my address was sufficient.", you did not need a COR because you had this.

• Haha 1