What's all this Dr.Jill nonsense?

BobBKK

She has an Ed.D from the University of Delaware gained in 2007 at age 55, a doctorate in education, not a Ph.D.

It was obtained via a 120 page dissertation with the title: “Student Retention at the Community College: Meeting Students’ Needs.”

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Purdey said:

It is quite legal for anyone with a PhD to call themselves Doctor. It is accepted everywhere in the world. Jill Biden has a bachelor's degree in English from the University of Delaware and master's degrees in education and English from West Chester University and Villanova University, and returned to the University of Delaware for a doctoral degree in education.  I am sure people don't call themselves Doctor in private. It's just a title.

Dr. Richard Dawkins 

Dr. Brian May

Dr. Condoleezza Rice

Dr. Stephen Hawking

and so on.

Rubbish, those people do not ask people to refer to them as Dr. - Jilly does

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Is a PhD higher than a doctorate?

Is a PhD Higher Than a Professional Doctorate? No, a PhD is not a higher degree than a professional doctorate. If you're wondering what's better than a PhD, both PhDs and professional doctorates are the highest level of college education that can be earned.

10 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

We know that, but no one uses the term 'doctor'. It's pathetic—I have many friends who have a PhD, and not one insists that people boost their fragile egos by calling themselves 'doctors'. I have two Master's degrees. I don't list them after my name when I post here—Jilly would; she's a fraud.

let go of your feelings for a minute... some people choose dr, some people professor and others by their first names. none of my professors at uni required us to call them dr or professor. however, they did do the leg work and if any of my professors had required us to call them either i would have out of respect for them.

then, there are the jokes out there. 20 years ago i applied at thewpaingarm school in bkk and the jack arse that conducted the interview told me to call him dr bob. turns out this clown had a degree in chiropractics. nothing to do with education... but i guess he felt it gave him an edge...

forgot to add... i aint sure any uni that respects itself gives even a bachelor's in chiropractics... from what i google you need to get one of these first:

As a general rule, choosing an undergraduate major such as human biology, exercise science, or kinesiology can be beneficial if you plan to eventually apply to chiropractic school. These majors require a heavy course load in the sciences and, more specifically, involve studying the human body

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

let go of your feelings for a minute... some people choose dr, some people professor and others by their first names. none of my professors at uni required us to call them dr or professor. however, they did do the leg work and if any of my professors had required us to call them either i would have out of respect for them.

then, there are the jokes out there. 20 years ago i applied at thewpaingarm school in bkk and the jack arse that conducted the interview told me to call him dr bob. turns out this clown had a degree in chiropractics. nothing to do with education... but i guess he felt it gave him an edge...

It is not about feelings; I have academic degrees myself; it is about her fragile ego, and my point is if she were in class and wanted to be called professor, that is a completely different thing than asking everyone away from the classroom to use that title.

• Like 1

A reported post against community rules has been removed.

Rule 28. You will not make changes to messages quoted from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. Do not shorten any post in a way that alters the context of the original post. Do not change the formatting of the post you are quoting.

Just now, BobBKK said:

that is a completely different thing than asking everyone away from the classroom to use that title.

i get it... just like people calling trump trump even if he was president before...

i laugh at this point cos some people call him mr president, others trump...

point is... (guys i just used the trump example cos it comes easily to mind... this is nothing to do with politics) some people need a title.

thais are good with that... everyone has the title 'khun' then there is ajarn... then kru...

everybody wants to rule the world... 😉

Back in before Biden won an election there was pretty heated discussion on Twitter exactly about Jill's egomania and fraudulent doctor-ness. What an amazing family! 

28 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Student Retention at the Community College: Meeting Students’ Needs.

Unbelievable! 

"Meanwhile, in Sheraton, Doctor Jeep plays on and on and on"

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

It is not about feelings; I have academic degrees myself; it is about her fragile ego, and my point is if she were in class and wanted to be called professor, that is a completely different thing than asking everyone away from the classroom to use that title.

In my life the only people that insist that people referring to the person as doctor are annoying New York physician's wives.

The field of psychology plays fairly fast and loose with these degrees and titles, nothing tops Educators. They will even use a master's degree from very random unis in formal titles.

Business MBAs also handed out by boatload. Advanced marketing degree.

45 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

a degree in chiropractics.

Lol. You just know it's a PhD in a "science"  as well. Another quality farang teacher.

Edited by Max_Headroom
  • Like 1

I guess people can use whatever title they want to use, but in my experience, the only people typically using the title of Doctor are practicing medical doctors. I once had a great uncle that was a medical doctor. And he used that title until about age 95, when he finally retired.  At that point, he started calling himself Mr. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Who cares?

She's never tried to suggest she's a medical doctor.

Get over yourselves!

Dr jill lol was not a president or former president, a decision was made for  her Saturday event to keep the A team secret service with her and give president Trump a bunch of temps from TSA and dei hires that were overweight and not trained properly..the F team...what part about that don't you understand 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Expat4life66 said:

Dr jill lol was not a president or former president, a decision was made for  her Saturday event to keep the A team secret service with her and give president Trump a bunch of temps from TSA and dei hires that were overweight and not trained properly..the F team...what part about that don't you understand 

Racist garbage propaganda. Shame on you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I don't address any doctors as "Doctor", and I obviously wouldn't make an exception for her.

I could see myself calling her "Your Grace" though, without even a hint of an ironic undertone of course. 😉

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

This is a cultural and personal preference thing.

In Latin America nobody would question calling her a doctor as they're very much into formal titles stuff like that.

In the U.S. some people with academic credentials such as Jill Biden encourage using Doctor and some don't.

I get why some people take it as pompous but why people think this is any kind of big deal doesn't compute to me.

Except if you hate the president. 

That doesn't seem to me a good reason to make a big deal about Jill Biden's title. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Racist garbage propaganda. Shame on you.

Stop gaslighting with your racism garbage comment.  Hiring inferior employees that are not the most capable to protect the leader of the free world is not racism..  Truth hurts...Will come out later this week after the hearing

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Expat4life66 said:

Stop gaslighting with your racism garbage comment.  Hiring inferior employees that are not the most capable to protect the leader of the free world is not racism..  Truth hurts...Will come out later this week after the hearing

You're making stuff up.

• Confused 1