Man Murders Wife in Drunken Rage Over Hygiene Dispute

webfact

roietdrunk.webp

In a harrowing incident emerging from Roi Et, North Eastern Thailand, a man has been arrested after killing his wife during a drunken altercation. The disagreement reportedly sparked by the wife not having taken a bath late on July 14.

The local authorities, led by Police Lieutenant Phayung Kulkhamsaeng, raced to the couple's home late Friday after receiving an emergency call. There, they found 44-year-old Praitun, deceased, with apparent injuries caused by a blunt object. Investigators discovered she had been struck with a wooden stick, leading to her tragic death.

Praitun's husband, 53-year-old Watcharin, initially tried to elude police, concealing himself in a nearby house before being apprehended. Upon capture, he admitted to losing control after a heated argument centered on personal hygiene — a recurring subject of dispute fueled by their frequent alcohol consumption.

Watcharin, in his confession, revealed the sequence of events leading to the tragedy. After striking his wife during their altercation, he attempted to sit her on a chair and later moved her to the bathroom, not realizing she had succumbed to her injuries. Initially, he misled neighbors and emergency responders, suggesting that she slipped in the bathroom.

Police carefully collected evidence at the scene, corroborated by neighbor accounts of the couple's turbulent relationship, all of which point to a clear narrative of domestic violence ending fatally. Watcharin now faces severe legal repercussions as he awaits formal charges following a thorough police investigation.

This incident shines a stark light on the dangers of domestic conflicts, especially those exacerbated by substance abuse, and has sparked discussions in the community about the need for more robust intervention and support systems for individuals in volatile living conditions.

Picture courtesy: Khaosod

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-07-16

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 3

16 minutes ago, webfact said:

killing his wife during a drunken altercation. The disagreement reportedly sparked by the wife not having taken a bath 

Nothing worse than a stinky woman. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Upon capture, he admitted to losing control after a heated argument centered on personal hygiene — a recurring subject of dispute fueled by their frequent alcohol consumption.

Well now he will learn to live without alcohol, no wife and some new bed mates who probably stink more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Been here 20 years and done my fair share of sexy time but never smelled a stinky fanny in all that time.

Unlike the UK where you sometimes had to do the stinky finger test before muff diving.

I am a big believer in personal hygiene and shower every week even if i don't need to.

Edited by Kinok Farang
Spelin mistak

12 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

I have noticed Thais are quite pushy when it comes to personal hygiene.

They always make me have a shower before bed even if I have already had one in the morning or been swimming in the pool.

It over the top.

Huh? What if you have had a shower in the morning but spend the day outside in the sweltering heat, or working chores at home? Personally, even though I drive to/from work and spend the day in an airconditioned office, I feel so refreshed when I take a nice cold shower just before sleeping. Fall into a deep sleep quickly, and wake up refreshed at 5am to do some exercise before going to work.

Follow-ups are very rare or non-existant, but at this rate of murders I assume that prisons should be full to the brink if the culprit is condemned to a prison term.
Unless, mort of them are never condemned to actual prison terms.