Why I prefer CM to Bora Bora. And why you should, too!

You have stated that you leave your house  completely closed and run the air conditioning 24/7. Open up some windows and let some fresh air in as you are going nuts..

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I would rather be in Brora

Things To Do Near Brora in Scotland | NC500 Pods

That is BEAUTIFUL.

Where IS that cottage?

Please post the link.

Really a beautiful environment, this....!

I have always wanted to visit Scotland.

But, the Scottish people I meet always tell me not to go.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

2 minutes ago, marin said:

You have stated that you leave your house  completely closed and run the air conditioning 24/7. Open up some windows and let some fresh air in as you are going nuts..

OK.

When the heat lifts, and when the noise and the smoke subside, I definitely will.

Until then, the windows stay closed.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Well,....

Maybe just call Me Holden..

Because I don't like phonies....

image.png.a72b9a1a4ed4cebdb68ea4841cb052de.png

These days, I guess phonies are not called airheads.

So, people like Zuckerberger are called airheads.

And, people like Musk are called geniuses.

And, people who first visited BORA BORA two centuries ago, and before...

Are called TRUE Geniuses...!

That's what exclusive resorts are all about. It keeps anything out that is not perfect or conductive to the experience. I think they have some in Phuket like that. They are usually gated and the people stay inside the boundry, so you would never come into contact anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

People take selfies and create memories

When I was their age, I never took selfies.

People were happier then, without taking selfies to show the world.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

That's what exclusive resorts are all about. It keeps anything out that is not perfect or conductive to the experience. I think they have some in Phuket like that. They are usually gated and the people stay inside the boundry, so you would never come into contact anyway.

I am sure that you are correct about the existence of such properties in Phuket.

There is a whole world, separate from ours, which is reserved for the super rich.

Yet, they still get bored, just like everyone, but...

They are the ones locked inside...

And we are the ones outside, roaming free.

They are the prisoners of their wealth and warped way of life.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

The wealthy don't need to goto Bora Bora very often unless they are bored, though they may be found there. They already have properties in places like Hawaii

Hawaii is a dump.

Anyone here actually been there?

Extremely poor education, and most of the housing is nothing more than falling-down shacks.

Then, you have your homeless living in canals beneath the streets.

image.png.b1686bd5a7428791202f54d1be3d6df0.png

You have roosters everywhere infesting all the islands!

Then, you have vagabond tourists flocking in, and even lower class than Pattaya.

This is not an exaggeration. Pattaya tourists are mighty refined, by comparison!

I am just saying that Hawaii has become a complete dump.

IF I had a time machine, I would probably leave Thailand, six months of every year, to live in Hawaii, the Hawaii of 1939, before WW2.

I am OK with CM of 2024, at least the good parts of CM.

But, Hawaii of 2024???....

It's a DUMP!

And, also, that Airhead Zuckerberger is on Kauai, as you know.

What a phony !!!

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

They want to be wealthy and are stretching.

So, as I say..

I would not wish to be around such dissatisfied and unhappy people during my holidays.

15 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

There are many reasons I prefer Chiang Mai to Bora Bora

Please, Move there if it's so good and leave us in peace from your weird posts! Who thinks GG should move to BB!!!

• Sad 1

It really depends on what type of environment you are seeking for a holiday, I would say both destinations have their attractions despite being opposites!!

That's apples & oranges.   I don't know how you guys deal with the pollution.   I'm outside too much.  When the vis is down to a few kms, if that, or 1/2 km, there's major problem.  

When the air smells of smoke, and you or your neighbors are burning trash, there's a problem.  Even Udon Thani was bad.  Had some hill ridges (4) behind the house there.  Crystal clear from 2nd floor, during rainy season, but during smog season, you'd never know they are there.

I've revisited places during rainy season, after the kid was done school, as long breaks were March, April & mid May.   When visiting again, it's like, damn, beautiful ... I didn't know there was mountain views here :cheesy:

That's some eye opening sh!t :coffee1:

That kind of ignorance in not bliss.

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

That's apples & oranges.   I don't know how you guys deal with the pollution.   I'm outside too much.  When the vis is down to a few kms, if that, or 1/2 km, there's major problem.  

When the air smells of smoke, and you or your neighbors are burning trash, there's a problem.  Even Udon Thani was bad.  Had some hill ridges (4) behind the house there.  Crystal clear from 2nd floor, during rainy season, but during smog season, you'd never know they are there.

I've revisited places during rainy season, after the kid was done school, as long breaks were March, April & mid May.   When visiting again, it's like, damn, beautiful ... I didn't know there was mountain views here :cheesy:

That's some eye opening sh!t :coffee1:

That kind of ignorance in not bliss.

I don't notice it much when living there a long time, except for the really bad days. It became a new normal. Same with Bangkok.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Dear Folks,

There are many reasons I prefer Chiang Mai to Bora Bora, and let me just begin by showing you two:

image.png.33bb5db1331e97431a0b9a26c4b44b9a.png

image.png.78a219b9b7c5ede4f66ca0a6445ba4d6.png

https://www.lindsaysilberman.com/four-seasons-bora-bora-review/

What I am attempting to convey to you is just how much I love the people in Chiang Mai, and in Thailand, too.

AND, I am sure that if I were locked on Bora Bora, at places like this...without a paddle...

Then I would have no choice but to either swim out to sea, or bury my head in the sand.

So, what about you?

Are you the Bora Bora class of human being?

Or, are you not insane....

Because, living in close quarters with the type of people that frequent very UPSCALE QUALITY-TOURIST destination can be hazardous for one's health...maybe...

What I am saying is that I take great pleasure just living my life in Chiang Mai, simply, unpretentiously, and unostentatiously.

I believe that there are many long-term Farang, some on TV, who are much like me in this respect.

We come here to enjoy the culture, the interaction with Thai neighbors, and probably the Thai food.

We do NOT need ever-increasing levels of stimulation in order to feed our insatiable need to satisfy our addiction to dopamine.

After all...
We are not status seekers, are we?

And, we are NOT narcissists, either, are we?

We do not post on social media pretending to be beautiful people, in order to impress those we either know or do not know.

We do not want to live such an artificial existence, do we?

NO, we do NOT!

So, what about you?

Why do you choose either Chiang Mai, or some other part of Thailand, for your home, and for your holidays, rather than...

Some lousy artificial experience....on..

BORING BORA BORA?

So, this Topic is NOT a Joke Topic.

This just happens to be the way I feel about this entire sorry state of affairs, meaning this endless search by so many people for either the fountain of youth, or

The fountain of what is useless.

Happy Holidays....!

Best regards,

Gamma

Is she too ugly for your desire? She's certainly just too BIG for mine. Those hooters are enormous- not attractive at all.

I get the feeling that Bora Bora is a BYO destination, so I'd have no interest in it.

2 hours ago, 2baht said:

Please, Move there if it's so good and leave us in peace from your weird posts! Who thinks GG should move to BB!!!

Seems we have a poster that just HAS to click on Gamma's threads, and then complains because he didn't like them.

:whistling:

12 hours outside yesterday fishing, picking blueberries and mushrooms.

Met one family in 12 hours

Paradise is where your hearth is 20240718_153823.thumb.jpg.c2c70239019937261970940eca6b45fd.jpg

Edited by Hummin

19 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

That is BEAUTIFUL.

Where IS that cottage?

Please post the link.

Really a beautiful environment, this....!

I have always wanted to visit Scotland.

But, the Scottish people I meet always tell me not to go.

No wonder you can hardly go out without being blown about by wind or soaked by rain, when one hurricane blows itself out, another follows, when you get a nice sunny day, you may be lucky to get two before more wind and rain comes.

9 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

No wonder you can hardly go out without being blown about by wind or soaked by rain, when one hurricane blows itself out, another follows, when you get a nice sunny day, you may be lucky to get two before more wind and rain comes.

You have just described the weather, during the months of January through December, on the East Coast of Taiwan, to a T.