RNC

stoner

what a bore. loads of people no one cares about. a rock band playing a guitar solo for way too long. now they are breaking out into prayer. our heavenly father please make this stop. 

When you come right down to it, boring is good.

I remember the DNC Convention in Chicago in 1968, and Mayor Daley's "shoot to kill" order that summer to deal with the riots. Not all related to the DNC. It was another summer of love and mostly peaceful block burnings.

That's going to be the interesting one.  And maybe not in a good way.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

There was an urban legend in the early 70's about a plot to dose the RNC's drinking water with LSD. Orange Sunshine for Orange Jesus sounds like the right idea to me 😁

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm so looking forward to the DNC convention when the Stop Oil protestors cross paths with the Free Palestine protestors and the Drag Queen parade, and the BLM protestors, and...  Well.  You get the picture.  I'm not sure Chicago has enough streets and parks to keep them away from each other.

As I said above, I lived in Chicago during the 1968 Convention and it was surreal.  I was only 11 years old, Mom and Dad didn't let me take the Elevated by myself, and they stayed the hell away that week.

Fingers crossed that they can't get all the collusion they need done with Zoom calls.  Just for the entertainment value.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

16 hours ago, stoner said:

what a bore. loads of people no one cares about. a rock band playing a guitar solo for way too long. now they are breaking out into prayer. our heavenly father please make this stop. 

Sorry to disappoint! its some times  better having someone choose the good parts ,I happen to love Forbes !

Especially highlights

like this one .

Or this

Or this 

or this

Or this

or this

Or this 

or this, minus Lee Greenwoods God Bless the USA song , forbes cut out

and installed this instead,sadly.

Plus many many more!

11 hours ago, Wuvu2 said:

There was an urban legend in the early 70's about a plot to dose the RNC's drinking water with LSD. Orange Sunshine for Orange Jesus sounds like the right idea to me 😁

This comment appears to be from a survivor of San Francisco’s Haight-Asbury community.imop

Edited by riclag
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, riclag said:

Sorry to disappoint! its some times  better having someone choose the good parts ,I happen to love Forbes !

Especially highlights

like this one .

Or this

Or this 

or this

Or this

or this

Or this 

or this, minus Lee Greenwoods God Bless the USA song , forbes cut out

and installed this instead,sadly.

Plus many many more!

This comment appears to be from a survivor of San Francisco’s Haight-Asbury community.imop

A great convention indeed.

Not one “Biden moment “. during Trump’s speech.  Clear and concise.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, G_Money said:

A great convention indeed.

Not one “Biden moment “. during Trump’s speech.  Clear and concise.

After watching many comments on bidens  illegals by RNC speakers, its a good thing The SCOTUS  made a ruling on Presidential Immunity!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, riclag said:

After watching many comments on bidens  illegals by RNC speakers, its a good thing The SCOTUS  made a ruling on Presidential Immunity!

i found his speech meh. it felt more like a hockey game warm up speech. 

amber rose ? she got nice jelly though. 

Trump picks all the music that is played at all events, including Nessun Dorma which was played at the end of his rnc speech. Nessun Dorma was the last soundtrack of Sum of All Fears. 
Remember what retribution occurred at the end of that movie, anyone?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1