DTV requirement “Professional portfolio showcasing… freelancer status”

On 7/20/2024 at 11:59 AM, JourdanA said:

Yes, I agree it is a gamble. I know from experience if they deny the visa for any reason (or no reason) at all, the fee is gone. You have to apply again and pay the fee again. 

That's one thing I appreciated about applying for Chinese visa. You were only charged if visa was approved.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

That's one thing I appreciated about applying for Chinese visa. You were only charged if visa was approved.

Yes - this is a problem with the eVisa system.  But, so far with the DTV, reports are they respond with requests for additional information. 

At Vientiane, they generally have not accepted your application, unless you will get the visa. I was once even refunded there for a TV application, when it was not given due to an "applies often" note from a different consulate; I was told to get a new passport from my embassy, and come back (which I did).  

Phnom Penh became the first nearby consulate to begin putting tourist-visas with "VOID" stamps on them, and keeping the money - following on VPS in India.

On 7/25/2024 at 9:20 AM, sikishrory said:

I might just bite the bullet and go and take the 10,000 baht gamble and find out.

There is no gamble. They only accept payment if your documents are all good. Otherwise, they won't even accept your application.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

There is no gamble. They only accept payment if your documents are all good. Otherwise, they won't even accept your application.

I thought the payment is done during initial DTV e-visa application, no? Then after that they might or might not require additional documents... Is this how it works, or the payment is done after submitting the additional documents (if required)?

15 hours ago, sallecc said:

I thought the payment is done during initial DTV e-visa application, no? Then after that they might or might not require additional documents... Is this how it works, or the payment is done after submitting the additional documents (if required)?

I don't know about the e-visa, I'm talking about applying at a Thai consulate

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, JourdanA said:

It's been over two weeks since I've submitted my DTV application. Still no response. Does this seems normal?

Country?

When is your intended travel date?

I applied in Denmark 9 days ago, I got a request the day after for an additional document, and since then no response. However, my intended travel date is October 1st and I know from previous applications for other visas that they do not like when you apply too early. I guess in my case they will handle the application when we get nearer my intended travel date.

Surprise surprise surprise..

page after page of people with questions and different experiences depending on which way the wind is blowing

It would be nice if just maybe they would discuss what are the most frequently asked questions likely to be and then prepare the detailes answers as to what is acceptable and what is not rather than just sort of throw it all out there and see what happens.  Heaven forbid the thai govt actually assembled a group of real farangs and asked them what would the most likely questions be?

24 minutes ago, farang51 said:

Country?

When is your intended travel date?

I applied in Denmark 9 days ago, I got a request the day after for an additional document, and since then no response. However, my intended travel date is October 1st and I know from previous applications for other visas that they do not like when you apply too early. I guess in my case they will handle the application when we get nearer my intended travel date.

It has taken my applications for a tourist eVisa up to 15 days.  The last time I was cutting it kind of close to my departure date, so I sent them an email asking about the status and it got approved a few hours later.