Medical history/prescription database in Thailand, is there one?

Hi,

Do private hospitals and clinics have prescription records for registered patients in Thailand?

I take diazepam prescription from my psych in Chiang mai and he refills me monthly, recently I went to Bangkok and stayed longer than usual and ran out of my diazepam, so I went to a private clinic there and got a new prescription for 3 months, they did not ask me for how long I needed and simply gave me for 3 months.

Now, I am already in Chiang Mai with 3 months of diazepam pills, and my appointment with my CM psych is in a week. I am in doubt if I should go to my psych or postpone the appointment because I still have diazepam from Bangkok, but my main question is, would he know that I got a prescription from Bangkok?

For example, if nurses input my name, passport number, etc, would they be able to see the other prescription and cause some kind of problem because of that?

14 hours ago, Sheryl said:

No, he would not know.  There is no central database linking all hospitals & clinics together. At least not that hospitals & clinics can access.

However, providers are supposed to report sales monthly & yearly to the Thai FDA and possible (but not certain) that  such reports include name of patient.  The Thai FDA may (not certain) have this in a database format that enables them to check for duplicate scripts to the same patient.  Unlikely that a one time duplication, even if noted, would raise an alarm but just to be absolutely safe, you could  push your appointment backby 2-3 months. a bit. Say 2 months.

Thank you, so I guess there is no such thing as in the States, where prescription monitoring is active across all the hospitals/pharmacies and is recorded.