Crypto-Doubling Scam: What will they think of next?

Dear Folks,

Even for me, it was a very strange morning, this bonus holiday in Thailand, what with the Crypto-Doubling-Scheme I found on my hacked YouTube account.

How were these hackers able to target me?

I clicked on a YouTube vid, a fake Musk Vid, that looked like the following, and then some computer-generated, robot-Musk voice began exhorting me to quickly scan a QR code, and send the maximum crypto, such as DOGS, to Tesla, so that Tesla could double it.

What ARE Dogs, anyway, I wondered?

I don't even have one dog in my house, let alone MULTIPLE Dogs!

So, what kind of world is this when I am being scammed even before I have downed my first glass of ICE-COLD Sichuan tea?

This is why I hold out no hope for the disgusting beast we call The Human Animal.

I would exterminate 98.1 percent, and I mean anything left of 2-lines of Standard Deviation to the Right of the Mean, and just start over, if I were God.

Maybe God has already done this, several times, always with the same result?

So, I even thought about scanning this code, just to see what would happen...

But, I did not, because...

It's always TOO EARLY for me, no matter the time of day, before My First Glass of Sichuan Iced Tea.

Just too early for me to scan anything, really.

image.png.d8f36d329a48cc03530fc4351f2928ca.png

Also, why is everyone picking-on my poor fellow alumnus Elon, anyway?

He's done nothing wrong.

He is just trying to save the world, as usual.

Best regards,

Gamma

NOTE:  Of course, this seems to be just a copy of the hack, earlier this June....but, why is stuff like this still allowed, and floating around on YT?

image.png.fd3c83a35f89243d2cc81ac6cf70c5d5.png

NOTE2:  Alternatively, I guess one could also say that We would NOT be here in LOS if we did not enjoy a good scam, once in a while, just to entertain us and to keep us on our toes.

Note3:  I really do not like scammers, of any ilk.  Scammers are the dregs of the dregs.  We should keep the death penalty for hackers that distribute RANSOMWARE, which is the scam that I hate the most.  Nothing less than the Death Penalty is good enough for these guys that lock computer files, around the world.

Note4:  I just feel sorry for Elon, if you want to know the truth....

image.thumb.png.c058b01aad411fee546b1d60128103ed.png

Edited by GammaGlobulin

20 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Dear Folks,

Even for me, it was a very strange morning, this bonus holiday in Thailand, what with the Crypto-Doubling-Scheme I found on my hacked YouTube account.

How were these hackers able to target me?

I clicked on a YouTube vid, a fake Musk Vid, that looked like the following, and then some computer-generated, robot-Musk voice began exhorting me to quickly scan a QR code, and send the maximum crypto, such as DOGS, to Tesla, so that Tesla could double it.

What ARE Dogs, anyway, I wondered?

I don't even have one dog in my house, let alone MULTIPLE Dogs!

So, what kind of world is this when I am being scammed even before I have downed my first glass of ICE-COLD Sichuan tea?

This is why I hold out no hope for the disgusting beast we call The Human Animal.

I would exterminate 98.1 percent, and I mean anything left of 2-lines of Standard Deviation to the Right of the Mean, and just start over, if I were God.

Maybe God has already done this, several times, always with the same result?

So, I even thought about scanning this code, just to see what would happen...

But, I did not, because...

It's always TOO EARLY for me, no matter the time of day, before My First Glass of Sichuan Iced Tea.

Just too early for me to scan anything, really.

image.png.d8f36d329a48cc03530fc4351f2928ca.png

Also, why is everyone picking-on my poor fellow alumnus Elon, anyway?

He's done nothing wrong.

He is just trying to save the world, as usual.

Best regards,

Gamma

NOTE:  Of course, this seems to be just a copy of the hack, earlier this June....but, why is stuff like this still allowed, and floating around on YT?

image.png.fd3c83a35f89243d2cc81ac6cf70c5d5.png

NOTE2:  Alternatively, I guess one could also say that We would NOT be here in LOS if we did not enjoy a good scam, once in a while, just to entertain us and to keep us on our toes.

Note3:  I really do not like scammers, of any ilk.  Scammers are the dregs of the dregs.  We should keep the death penalty for hackers that distribute RANSOMWARE, which is the scam that I hate the most.  Nothing less than the Death Penalty is good enough for these guys that lock computer files, around the world.

Note4:  I just feel sorry for Elon, if you want to know the truth....

image.thumb.png.c058b01aad411fee546b1d60128103ed.png

😳🥱😶 Boring

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Greed can lead to irrational behavior. 

And, greed can also lead to increased public ridicule. 

Still, scammers are scum who should be shot down like the dogs that they are. 

I have recently been scammed by a multinational that did not supply products that lived up to the advertising promises. Not quite the same, but just as infuriating. 

I have never been interested in bitcoin, nor in tulips. 

Edited by GammaGlobulin

I'm sure "Crypto Tripling scam" crosses mind... then "Crypto Quadrupling scam".... then ...

And it will work as long as there are gullible people with more money than brains around...

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

So then....

It's the same old story:

Why are some dogs more difficult to poison than others.

image.png.69d5291f916e0b470f1ca11e2c4928fa.png

Happy dogs are easy to poison.

Junkyard Dogs won't take poison from a stranger.

Edited by GammaGlobulin