Qatar Airways Versus Royal Jordanian

Levent

Hello all,

We're planning to fly to Europe on either of these airlines, in business class. I flew QR in economy before and was very satisfied with them, so I am sure that business will be excellent. But RJ's fares are lower, so I was wondering whether their business class product meets QR's levels of service. Anyone flown with them before?

Hello all,

We're planning to fly to Europe on either of these airlines, in business class. I flew QR in economy before and was very satisfied with them, so I am sure that business will be excellent. But RJ's fares are lower, so I was wondering whether their business class product meets QR's levels of service. Anyone flown with them before?

I've flown with RJ on and off, although only in Middle East /Europe. They seem quite competent, are well respected and have been around for about 40 years with a solid flying tradition. They have a surprisingly young fleet for an airline this old (avg 5yrs, I believe) - as young as the much newer Qatar Airways. Their long-haul business class seats are good (flat beds).

If you get a better deal on price, go with them, I'd say. No reason not to. However, Qatar Airways, which a number of my business associates have flown with and are enthuisiastic about, probably has the edge over RJ in terms of on-board service and on the ground facilities at their Doha hub (where they even have a special terminal there, not just special lounge, for first and business class!). Qatar Airways has a consistently very high performance in the major customer surveys. The Qatari government is pumping a lot of money into the airline to make it one of the best, and the intense competition with its close neighbours Gulf Air, Emirates and Etihad, is all helping to push up service levels.

We currently use Gulf Air between BKK and LON in business class, because its a better deal on price than others. However, the trade-off there is that they don't have flat beds in business class yet on the Bangkok leg, but we tolerate that.

Some sites that I use for reference are:

www.airlinequality.com (has all the Skytrax survey stuff)

www.flatseats.com (part of Skytrax - good survey comments on seating)

Wikepedia profiles of each airline: just do a google search for: Wikepedia and name of the airline.

I don't know about royal jordanian other than that they have a long layover (at least to my destination) and are not cheaper than Etihad and or Qatar.

I've flown both Qatar and Etihad and my preference goes to Etihad although Qatar is cheaper.

This based on prices available at airlines websites, which I never book because I can find cheaper, but use as a means of comparison.

Cheers

onzestan