Diet experiment

Eggs, veges, fruit, yoghurt, milk. No meat, bread. Try 1 week see if i feel better or worse. I have never gone 1 day without meat before. Eggs have iron and b12 so maybe not lacking in nutrients? 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, susanlea said:

Eggs, veges, fruit, yoghurt, milk. No meat, bread. Try 1 week see if i feel better or worse. I have never gone 1 day without meat before. Eggs have iron and b12 so maybe not lacking in nutrients? 

Portion size is the key.

Eat loads, and you will stay FB size.

Edited by rocketboy2
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Peanuts have around 23% protein. Also cheap. Bodybuilders eat tuna and peanut butter I think.

Peanuts are complete protein, having all essential amino acids, but are low in lysine, so aren't considered by themselves body building protein. Most bodybuilders won't eat nuts because of the higher fats, but include them occasionally if they aren't competing. I did, and do, and maintained a very low body fat percentage from age 18 to around 63. It's gone up m since because of not having a gym nearby that opens early enough. For a long time, I lived on a lot of canned albacore in water and rice cakes as much of my daily meals, and got and stayed very lean from this. I love pasta and ate it in good quantities, but it was my only vice so I stayed lean.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am actively following the luxury buffet diet.

Go to a great buffet, eat anything you want, maybe add a little wine, and enjoy.

Obviously don't forget the ice-cream.

Repeat.

I do this regularly since years. It works. I feel good, and I enjoy my diet.

Erawan Hotel. One of the best. Sukhothai Hotel is great too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, susanlea said:

I diet 3 months a year to lose weight.

I gain weight the other 9 as I like to indulge in foods I like, which add weight, (healthy foods that is) but higher fats, which usually add 12kg during those 9 months.

To reduce my weight, I reduce my caloric intake by 500 grams per day and burn 300 to 500 calories a day walking.

Eat foods that keep you fuller, like eggs, Basmati rice, low GI pastas etc and add a protein shake in per day. I don't eat red meat, you can buy porch chops for 85% cheaper than imported red meat, i.e. 21 baht per pork chop vs 149 baht for imported read meat. I love Wild Tasmanian Salmon, but it is expensive, but very good for you and tastes better than that farm bred Salmon that they sell at Lotus for 79 baht which is full of bacteria.

Depending on your age, if 60 + you need to keep that protein up to keep what muscle you have, otherwise you will lose it. If your 60+ and want to build muscle, would suggest you just do Calisthenics as weight lifting at that age takes the muscles longer to recover and damages easier.

I'm mid 60's, tall and have a good physic, even when I put on the 12 kg, so there is truth to that saying, you are what you eat. When I lose the 12kg I am told I am too skinny, but skinny is healthy IMO. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

I diet 3 months a year to lose weight.

I gain weight the other 9 as I like to indulge in foods I like, which add weight, (healthy foods that is) but higher fats, which usually add 12kg during those 9 months.

To reduce my weight, I reduce my caloric intake by 500 grams per day and burn 300 to 500 calories a day walking.

Eat foods that keep you fuller, like eggs, Basmati rice, low GI pastas etc and add a protein shake in per day. I don't eat red meat, you can buy porch chops for 85% cheaper than imported red meat, i.e. 21 baht per pork chop vs 149 baht for imported read meat. I love Wild Tasmanian Salmon, but it is expensive, but very good for you and tastes better than that farm bred Salmon that they sell at Lotus for 79 baht which is full of bacteria.

Depending on your age, if 60 + you need to keep that protein up to keep what muscle you have, otherwise you will lose it. If your 60+ and want to build muscle, would suggest you just do Calisthenics as weight lifting at that age takes the muscles longer to recover and damages easier.

I'm mid 60's, tall and have a good physic, even when I put on the 12 kg, so there is truth to that saying, you are what you eat. When I lose the 12kg I am told I am too skinny, but skinny is healthy IMO. 

Need to be careful and cognizant of what one eats otherwise like the number of Americans considered OBESE - 42% with 9 percent as ultra obese!  However, doctors, hospitals and big pharma love the fast food and artificial flavors and taste in foods today!  take care be safe and healthy!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Presnock said:

Need to be careful and cognizant of what one eats otherwise like the number of Americans considered OBESE - 42% with 9 percent as ultra obese!  However, doctors, hospitals and big pharma love the fast food and artificial flavors and taste in foods today!  take care be safe and healthy!

I don't eat processed foods during those 9 months, and never eat processed foods as a matter of fact.

I love European foods which my wife cooks, we use the best oils and ingredients, albeit the quantity is a little over the top, but the quality of the foods is as good as you can get it.

If I die eating healthy foods, it will be the way to go for me 🙂

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

I don't eat processed foods during those 9 months, and never eat processed foods as a matter of fact.

I love European foods which my wife cooks, we use the best oils and ingredients, albeit the quantity is a little over the top, but the quality of the foods is as good as you can get it.

If I die eating healthy foods, it will be the way to go for me 🙂

Yes the European diet is one of the best for health.  Some orientals are also healthy eaters and thus live a healthier and longer life.  Dr William Li has proven that in the laboratory too and wrote books on it!

• Thumbs Up 1