Heavy trees trimming

Hello 

Without AGM agreement the management in our condo suddenly cut 5/8  meters of the wonderful 35 years old trees in the gardens.. didn't he need permission? Is there an environmental association which could be alerted ? All beauty is gone.. only wood scrubs remaining

Have a good day

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

People cut trees down for one a couple of reasons. Development of something is one. The Amazon, along with other necessary rain forests, have been butchered for many decades now in the pursuit of money. They are there for a reason, and those who cut the trees down aren't concerned with what happens to the environment, but how much cash they can get quick. The same as where we are. Thais cut down trees to make more rice or cassava. Sometimes they cut them down to make room for power lines, because it hasn't gotten across to them yet to bury the lines as they do in the west. Lastly, some cut down trees for no obvious reason. I don't understand it, but after they are cut, nothing is done. Trees are here for many reasons, and removing them for no reason is plain stupid.

Edited by fredwiggy

I think the condo board should have approved the removal of the trees if this was, indeed, a large undertaking with a big impact on the look of the project.  Management normally should never be undertaking anything unusual or beyond normal, everyday management tasks without the approval of the condo board, which is charged with operating the condo on behalf of all the owners. 

With something, apparently from your post, this significant, I think the condo owners should have also been notified for their input before the tree removal was done.  You might check with a board member to see what the process was with the tree removal and the reason for the removal.  Enhanced communication with the owners on important matters impacting the condo might be something to be discussed at the next annual meeting.

If the trees were tall, maybe they had care in the community at heart.

But you just sound annoyed, because they did not come and ask you first.

Busy body falangs in condos.  yawn. :coffee1:

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

Op, you could post some before and after pictures.

showing the sounding area , car parking area and distance trees were to adjacent buildings.

So we can then see if, you truly have a case or are just upset at your personal view has been compromised. 

• Agree 1

"trimmed"
so it will grow back
i had a huge tree trimmed in my last property
they cut every branch right back and literally left one small high up branch with some leaves
2 years on the tree looked the same as it did before
have no idea about your property
but there are a good few reasons why trees would have been trimmed
and sometimes it is not up for discussion

• Agree 1

Thanks for answers. The board had allowed a slight trimming but what was done is a trees slaughter, cutting the head at 4 to 5 meters under it.. Before the board could stop the massacre 10 trees were heavily cut.. Let's see what will go on and if angry co owners (many) finally join and take action ! I was wondering if there was any legal procedure which had to be followed but apparently nobody really knows

Thanks a lot.. Anyway damage is done and irreversible

Have a good day

3 hours ago, LOG54 said:

Thanks for answers. The board had allowed a slight trimming but what was done is a trees slaughter, cutting the head at 4 to 5 meters under it.. Before the board could stop the massacre 10 trees were heavily cut.. Let's see what will go on and if angry co owners (many) finally join and take action ! I was wondering if there was any legal procedure which had to be followed but apparently nobody really knows

Thanks a lot.. Anyway damage is done and irreversible

Have a good day

Good luck

It will all be a waste of time and effort.

Get over it and move on.

Still no. before and after pics. just hot air, yawn. :coffee1: