Polish man arrested for ganja LED grow lights theft in Chiang Mai

webfact

I guess how the theft of the lights and check my and the motorcycle theft down south I guess there are foreigners involved. Sometimes you can’t figure out exactly what they’re saying or thinking TIT and by the way, talking about crime and theft and everything else what happened to the Red Bull kid? 

I kind of believe the Polish guy. I've seen this done to good people many times before. They help set up a business believing they had a partnership only for the local/other party turn on them and run to the police with some charge. Hope he kept receipts/documents.

• Agree 1

Remind me.  Do we like or hate Poles this week?  It's hard to keep track.

I'm inclined to believe the guy, because the same thing happened to me in Asia, though not in Thailand.  And it's a recurring theme when I meet guys who had businesses in Asia.  The key word being "had".  Past tense.

I've seen that "smart business practice" in Thailand more that XX times. Farang joined thai "partner", setup biz, thai partner not partner anymore. 

I've been in this <deleted> few times myself. 370,000 is about $10K - possible investment. about $500 per lamp. Good one!

Consultant? so no WP. Very clever as well - no obligation for thai part.

Unfortunately his future is not that bright and he will do time for sure. Too naive for 37 y.o.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai news agencies, Kasperowicz appeared relaxed and unconcerned about the legal consequences. He was seen smiling during questioning and detention at the immigration office.

Smug criminal. Give him the full five years and ฿100000 penalty. 

3 hours ago, novacova said:

The important document would be the contract agreement.

True very much! Every failure with Thai partners could be avoided with well written and notarized agreement. But no! We are friends, we are family, we like each other a lot!

Boom and your foreign investment gone! Your know how not yours anymore and so and so. 

I can write a volumes on such stories

Something that will have a weight in the court won't cost you much, however might prevent from disaster. 

PS: Not always. I knew one fella sales-man who didn't receive quite big commission so he went to the court for many years - no success. Farang against farang-thai company. 

Edited by NativeBob