The New ICE Engines..

2 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Yet again transam fails to answer a direct question, fails to deliver anything at all. A whole thread of nothing.

I watched the video, twice. There is nothing in there at all. Is this the first time you've heard of a hybrid engine? Maybe that would explain why you think it is new or exciting. These are just standard hybrid engines. There is no breakthrough, no new technology, no big announcement.

You are clearly not as knowledgable about cars as you think. Variable valve timing is not new, it is very old. Direct injection is not new, it is very old. That was all the technical detail offered in this nothing of a video.

Next thread: transam posts that commodore have just announced a new breakthrough that is going to DESTROY the gaming industry, GAME OVER!! - a new computer with 64km of RAM!!!

Oh dear, Joe is again in a bad mood today.

So tell me why these manufacturers are advertising their new tech.....?  🤔

• Confused 1

If we look at the combined DLT vehicle categories where EV have been registered this year excluding motorcycles and tractors

R.Y. 1 Private passenger car with no more than 7 people
R.Y. 2 Private passenger cars with more than 7 people 
R.Y. 3 Personal trucks
R.Y. 4 personal three-wheeled vehicle
R.Y. 6 Vehicles for hire carrying no more than 7 passengers.
R.Y. 8 Three-wheeled rental car 
R.Y. 9 Business service vehicles 
R.Y. 10 Sightseeing service car

R.Y. 11 Car rental service

Total registrations for February 2024 are 57,765 including 3,670  EV's giving EV's market share of 6.36%

Total registrations for March     2024 are 56,761 including  5,003 EV's giving EV's market share of 8.82%

Total registrations for April        2024 are 47,231 including  4,114  EV's giving EV's market share of 8.71%

Total registrations for May        2024 are 53,598 including  5,483 EV's giving EV's market share of 10.23%

Total registrations for June       2024 are 53,348 including  5,807 EV's giving EV's market share of 10.9%

Ignoring vehicle categories such as R.Y 6 would imply that there isn't a single EV taxi vehicle in Thailand

R.Y. 8 Three-wheeled rental car since 2022 has been  all electric with the exception of 2 LPG registered in 2022

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Yeah... answer my questions first aye.

I'll repeat for you.

What is the breakthrough?

What is the new technology in these engines?

Why are these any different from any other hybrid engine? 

Tell me an engine that is now in production that is identical, not too hard as you are the expert here....

But, it would seem you cannot answer my question.

I mean, are all hybrid engines the same, are all turbo engines the same..?  🤣

Now come on, tell me what engines now in production are identical to any of those in the video that they claim changes things....😋

I recall you said that from my fun Pontiac ride photos, was made from off the shelf speed shops, you were totally wrong there, are you going to be totally wrong on this one too.....🤭

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

You've got your answer (above). As usual there is no answer.....for some reason he now switches to saying which engine is identical to it. Deflect, deceive, avoid. Every single time.

1. You are cornered, tell me an engine that is in production identical to those in the video........😁

2. If any of the engines are the same as the ones out there, why the hype on these creations......?

Come on now expert, lets hear it.....😁

Oh, and you can now tell me the off the shelf parts on my Pontiac engine....😂

1 minute ago, josephbloggs said:

I'm out of this, it is too frustrating, like dealing with my three year old nephew.

You posted a video and titled it "the new ICE engines". The video claims they will kill EVs. The video doesn't show any announcement from the car companies, it doesn't give any technical information at all (except they use, wow wee, variable valve timing and direct injection). So I asked you what's the breakthrough, what am I missing? What is this new technology? I'm interested in technology, so what is it? 

What's the point of the video if it doesn't tell you anything? It's just an anti EV shouty channel which has nothing.

Now you twist it by asking me to name an engine that is identical to it. Eh? Where did I state it was exactly identical to anything? No two manufacturers make exactly identical engines.  I said it was a standard hybrid engine, nothing new or exciting.

Now you're asking me to name off the shelf parts in your Pontiac? Are you OK?

Pointless continuing, other people see through you too.  Moving on....

As I thought, attack, and then run off, because you have nothing....😂

As for my Pontiac, you know what I am talking about, you had nothing then too...

Now back to my thread....You can toddle off, embarrassed..:thumbsup:

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

A post with multiple quoted posts without any explanation has been removed as per our Standards of Conduct:

7. Do not quote more than three multiple nested quotes. Only quote the person you are replying to, and only quote the relevant section that you are discussing.

I have removed a personal attack and a reply, if you don't like the topic then don't read it but don't leave your personal attacks on here for moderators to clear up.

@motdaeng

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Tell me an engine that is now in production that is identical, not too hard as you are the expert here....

But, it would seem you cannot answer my question.

I mean, are all hybrid engines the same, are all turbo engines the same..?  🤣

Now come on, tell me what engines now in production are identical to any of those in the video that they claim changes things....😋

I recall you said that from my fun Pontiac ride photos, was made from off the shelf speed shops, you were totally wrong there, are you going to be totally wrong on this one too.....🤭

I will answer you questions after you answer mine.

What is the breakthrough?

What is the new technology in these engines?

Why are these any different from any other hybrid engine? 

Edited by Ralf001
  • Love It 2

I wonder how much this new design tech will cost to the consumer, as we know, modern tech/engineering has been excellent for quite a few years now, so I would assume reliability must have been key during their experimentation, especially Toyota, who are not convinced about EV's 'at this time'...

Most certainly interesting...🤗

• Confused 3

It would seem the corner is being turned, the EV threat has pushed the button for the conventional automakers to come up with what they know they can do...:clap2:

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, josephbloggs said:

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Hi Joe, you wouldn't, if you check, I wasn't talking to you...😉........🤭

Now what do you think about the automakers answer to their EV threat with these new tech engine stuff.........?  🤗

36 minutes ago, transam said:

It would seem the corner is being turned, the EV threat has pushed the button for the conventional automakers to come up with what they know they can do...:clap2:

While that may be true the sad fact remains that it has/is  been only as a result of very real threats to the monopolist petrochem industry arising not from environmental concern but the profiteering that has influenced political support.

Applauding the unveiling of commercially viable developments in century old suppressed technology should instead be an embarrassing event !

The ridiculous focus on any genuine move to obstruct comprehensive public transport becomes an obvious.

Land gobbling environmental polluting encouragement to expand single use transport as part of a diverse industry is the base issue.

None of this industrial competition to preserve ICE vs EV is going to decrease the reality of urban congestion at very least even if self entitled individuals were permitted to pedal "My Car" in central London as an  example.

1 minute ago, 0ffshore360 said:

While that may be true the sad fact remains that it has/is  been only as a result of very real threats to the monopolist petrochem industry arising not from environmental concern but the profiteering that has influenced political support.

Applauding the unveiling of commercially viable developments in century old suppressed technology should instead be an embarrassing event !

The ridiculous focus on any genuine move to obstruct comprehensive public transport becomes an obvious.

Land gobbling environmental polluting encouragement to expand single use transport as part of a diverse industry is the base issue.

None of this industrial competition to preserve ICE vs EV is going to decrease the reality of urban congestion at very least even if self entitled individuals were permitted to pedal "My Car" in central London as an  example.

Eh.....?  :huh:

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Eh.....?  :huh:

Eh....?

Confirmation that you have  zero comprehension of the technology involved in the sycophantic posts deriding anything but ICE vehicles.

Go fast, cool Bro !

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, 0ffshore360 said:

Eh....?

Confirmation that you have  zero comprehension of the technology involved in the sycophantic posts deriding anything but ICE vehicles.

Go fast, cool Bro !

No, It's your written "English", reminds me of Professor Stanley Unwin..........😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 0ffshore360 said:

No surprise. That matches your real intellect. Enjoy !

I will, you reminded me of a lost comedian........But, off-topic now...😉

But, you could post something regarding the new engine tech that we could understand, most here are just snorters, nothing to offer...Confused and sad, probably all having bad days, but never mind, I am hoping for a gem member to post something amazing about these new extremely efficient engines...:clap2:

5 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

opposing anecdote.

They appear to be selling.  We have three on the road in our small city outside of Korat.  Two work trucks and one daily driver.

You won't see them in Bangkok of course, for obvious reasons.  They're too small, too slow, too unflashy, don't have gold hubcaps and cost less than three million baht.

OK.  I live in Chumphon and reflected what I see, or rather don't see here.

Personally I quite like it.  I like the drop down sides, the fully flat bed and the way it looks.

1 minute ago, transam said:

I will, you reminded me of a lost comedian........But, off-topic now...😉

But, you could post something regarding the new engine tech that we could understand, most here are just snorters, nothing to offer...Confused and sad, probably all having bad days, but never mind, I am hoping for a gem member to post something amazing about these new extremely efficient engines...:clap2:

So you admit to edifying engine tech you do not understand?

Here is a little teaster.

Do you know how long a cast iron engine block from time of casting to machining takes? It is very relevant to "new " tech announcements.