The New ICE Engines..

6 minutes ago, transam said:

I will, you reminded me of a lost comedian........But, off-topic now...😉

But, you could post something regarding the new engine tech that we could understand, most here are just snorters, nothing to offer...Confused and sad, probably all having bad days, but never mind, I am hoping for a gem member to post something amazing about these new extremely efficient engines...:clap2:

Sam ! You posted heralding about the latest ice tech ! On commission or what ?

I am reasonably up to date about such  via family member well involved in the industry.

Belittle  my written language all you wish.

3 minutes ago, 0ffshore360 said:

So you admit to edifying engine tech you do not understand?

Here is a little teaster.

Do you know how long a cast iron engine block from time of casting to machining takes? It is very relevant to "new " tech announcements.

I haven't admitted anything, except I don't know what "teaster" means.

I have no idea how long a cast iron block from time of casting to machining takes because I have never wanted to know, if you do, great......:thumbsup:

You could start a thread on that, motoring needs your sort of tech knowledge......😋..

1 minute ago, 0ffshore360 said:

Sam ! You posted heralding about the latest ice tech ! On commission or what ?

I am reasonably up to date about such  via family member well involved in the industry.

Belittle  my written language all you wish.

A video, did you miss it, damn, it's there Offy....😁

• Confused 1

Just now, transam said:

I haven't admitted anything, except I don't know what "teaster" means.

I have no idea how long a cast iron block from time of casting to machining takes because I have never wanted to know, if you do, great......:thumbsup:

You could start a thread on that, motoring needs your sort of tech knowledge......😋..

Too late to educate such as you. Do it  for yourself

1 minute ago, transam said:

A video, did you miss it, damn, it's there Offy....😁

A video from  your  sponsor ? Conglomerate of Nippon/ US  Corps"s ?

• Like 1

Too late to educate such as you. Do it  for yourself

A video from  your  sponsor ? Conglomerate of Nippon/ US  Corps"s ?

I did look up "teaster", nothing, perhaps you made a mistake.......🤭

Sponsor.......................🤣

You're beginning to read like a few others here having a bad day, anyhooo, great to see you taking an interest in the thread...:clap2:

5 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

opposing anecdote.

They appear to be selling.  We have three on the road in our small city outside of Korat.  Two work trucks and one daily driver.

You won't see them in Bangkok of course, for obvious reasons.  They're too small, too slow, too unflashy, don't have gold hubcaps and cost less than three million baht.

According to the DLT registrations site 206 Hilux Champ registered between January 1st to 30th June

191 were registered in February don't know if there was a special promotion for January other months numbers are 7 or lower per month

Just now, transam said:

I did look up "teaster", nothing, perhaps you made a mistake.......🤭

Sponsor.......................🤣

You're beginning to read like a few others here having a bad day, anyhooo, great to see you taking an interest in the thread...:clap2:

Teaster... yes  you goggled my typo... well done.

My interest is lesser in interest in topic than in  your typical pretentious activity which also typically you run from answering to.

Psuedo intellectual rebuttals are a very poor and unsatisfying alternative to at least some elucidation of topic as the OP if not presented as inquiry about rather than knowledge  as fact.

• Like 1

Teaster... yes  you goggled my typo... well done.

My interest is lesser in interest in topic than in  your typical pretentious activity which also typically you run from answering to.

Psuedo intellectual rebuttals are a very poor and unsatisfying alternative to at least some elucidation of topic as the OP if not presented as inquiry about rather than knowledge  as fact.

Riiiiight, so you don't have a spell/grammar checker, I have...........😉

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, transam said:

But, you could post something regarding the new engine tech that we could understand, most here are just snorters, nothing to offer...Confused and sad, probably all having bad days, but never mind, I am hoping for a gem member to post something amazing about these new extremely efficient engines...:clap2:

You are a car expert right? You have a Pontiac with some off the shelf parts or something. What is the new engine tech? How are these engines extremely efficient? Is it the variable valve timing or the direct injection? There is nothing in the video so what do you know? Please enlighten us.

Why don't you tell us so we can comment and discuss?

(I know why, everyone does).

• Like 2

17 hours ago, vinny41 said:

If we look at the combined DLT vehicle categories where EV have been registered this year excluding motorcycles and tractors

R.Y. 1 Private passenger car with no more than 7 people
R.Y. 2 Private passenger cars with more than 7 people 
R.Y. 3 Personal trucks
R.Y. 4 personal three-wheeled vehicle
R.Y. 6 Vehicles for hire carrying no more than 7 passengers.
R.Y. 8 Three-wheeled rental car 
R.Y. 9 Business service vehicles 
R.Y. 10 Sightseeing service car

R.Y. 11 Car rental service

Total registrations for February 2024 are 57,765 including 3,670  EV's giving EV's market share of 6.36%

Total registrations for March     2024 are 56,761 including  5,003 EV's giving EV's market share of 8.82%

Total registrations for April        2024 are 47,231 including  4,114  EV's giving EV's market share of 8.71%

Total registrations for May        2024 are 53,598 including  5,483 EV's giving EV's market share of 10.23%

Total registrations for June       2024 are 53,348 including  5,807 EV's giving EV's market share of 10.9%

Ignoring vehicle categories such as R.Y 6 would imply that there isn't a single EV taxi vehicle in Thailand

R.Y. 8 Three-wheeled rental car since 2022 has been  all electric with the exception of 2 LPG registered in 2022

Even your own irrelevant statistics show a burgeoning EV market share.

I think you have a problem with personal trucks, I don't think there is a single EV offering.

9 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Now down to not only ignoring questions, but attacking non native English speakers grammar. You are a class act.

I am most definitely a class act....:guitar:

Now you, the expert, tell me any of these new high-tech engines that are identical to those in production cars now, because you keep saying they are...?

I have already asked you, with no reply, take your time, as you keep saying they are..😉

Oh, in your opinion, are the engines from the 1920's the same as today's' offerings, as your theory points they are..🤭

8 minutes ago, transam said:

I am most definitely a class act....:guitar:

Now you, the expert, tell me any of these new high-tech engines that are identical to those in production cars now, because you keep saying they are...?

I have already asked you, with no reply, take your time, as you keep saying they are..😉

Oh, in your opinion, are the engines from the 1920's the same as today's' offerings, as your theory points they are..🤭

Come on Transam, you know damn well they have only slight modifications.  You don't seem able to tell us they are "significant" or can you? 

What are the modifications that make this anything other than a puff piece?

37 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Come on Transam, you know damn well they have only slight modifications.  You don't seem able to tell us they are "significant" or can you? 

What are the modifications that make this anything other than a puff piece?

"Slight" modifications, then tell me what these "slight" modifications are, because I don't know, my video shows motoring enthusiasts here the new future kids on the block. 

I am sure you are able to search for what these "slight" modifications are to tell readers...

I have asked our resident expert "Joe" to tell me what cars are these new engines fitted in, as he says they are the same, he can't.

Perhaps you can tell me what production cars these new bread of engines are fitted in.

I have searched, and it seems none, because they are all new and up-and-coming...🤗

4 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

Even your own irrelevant statistics show a burgeoning EV market share.

I think you have a problem with personal trucks, I don't think there is a single EV offering.

No Issue with R,Y,3 Personal trucks Total of 182 registered this year including 57 from BYD

Type 3: Personal trucks (R.Y.3) are vehicles that are not used for personal transport in accordance with the law on land transport. They must be no wider than 2.50 meters, no longer than 12 meters, and the length of the body measured from the center of the rear axle to the rear of the vehicle must not be more than 3/5 of the length measured from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle, such as a pickup bed, a cargo van, a pickup bed with a roof, etc.

https://cityleasing.co.th/content21052021/#:~:text

45 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Actually, I can tell you what these slight modifications are.

They are what we in the software industry call "Vapourware".

So you are saying they are the same engines that are put into cars out there today with computer tweaks......🤔

Well, I think there is a lot more to it than that, they are totally new engineered engines, along with an onboard computer, where onboard computers have been the case for decades..........

It seems the engines are smaller, lighter, more HP, and incredibly efficient, which means less goes in, less crap out to make even more HP, hence, "new" engines..

Yes they have pistons and rods, spark plus etc, but that has been the same for 100 years, the same as EV drive has electric motors, but in both cases the tech has changed dramatically..🤗

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Well, I think there is a lot more to it than that, they are totally new engineered engines, along with an onboard computer, where onboard computers have been the case for decades..........

Totally new engineered engine, please elborate on why you assume this ?

1 minute ago, Ralf001 said:

Totally new engineered engine, please elborate on why you assume this ?

For you Ralphy, our motoring expert, there are videos on YouTube to fill in the gaps for you. Have fun......:biggrin:

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

No Issue with R,Y,3 Personal trucks Total of 182 registered this year including 57 from BYD

Type 3: Personal trucks (R.Y.3) are vehicles that are not used for personal transport in accordance with the law on land transport. They must be no wider than 2.50 meters, no longer than 12 meters, and the length of the body measured from the center of the rear axle to the rear of the vehicle must not be more than 3/5 of the length measured from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle, such as a pickup bed, a cargo van, a pickup bed with a roof, etc.

https://cityleasing.co.th/content21052021/#:~:text

how many of those trucks were EV’s?

16 minutes ago, transam said:

So you are saying they are the same engines that are put into cars out there today with computer tweaks......🤔

It seems the engines are smaller, lighter, more HP, and incredibly efficient, which means less goes in, less crap out to make even more HP, hence, "new" engines..

Yes they have pistons and rods, spark plus etc, but that has been the same for 100 years, the same as EV drive has electric motors, but in both cases the tech has changed dramatically..🤗

Nonsense, anyone intelligent would see it for what it is, a puff piece.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

how many of those trucks were EV’s?

DLT stats state 55,880 Type 3: Personal trucks (R.Y.3) registered this year which includes 182 EV's

For BYD it is an electric van that come into the Type 3 model name T3

https://www.bntmobility.com/models/byd-t3/

Edited by vinny41
add

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Which tells me you do not have an answer, never mind, eh............🤭

Edited by transam

22 minutes ago, transam said:

For you Ralphy, our motoring expert, there are videos on YouTube to fill in the gaps for you. Have fun......:biggrin:

Are you not able to answer questions in regards to claims you make ?

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Are you not able to answer questions in regards to claims you make ?

Can you at last tell me what production cars have the "new" engines from my video. ?

Now you are the expert here, you should know, pray tell.

I have forgiven you on the false information on my Pontiac engine, so you can make amends here...

Thank you, in anticipation....:biggrin:

39 minutes ago, transam said:

Can you at last tell me what production cars have the "new" engines from my video. ?

Now you are the expert here, you should know, pray tell.

I have forgiven you on the false information on my Pontiac engine, so you can make amends here...

Thank you, in anticipation....:biggrin:

Happy to answer your questions... After you answer mine.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Happy to answer your questions... After you answer mine.

But, you haven't got an answer, otherwise YOU would have shown all how much of an expert you are, you just come straight in with the insults, which is what you do.

You, an "expert", found to be wrong, again............🤭

(My Pontiac engine was parts of a shelf).........😆

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, transam said:

But, you haven't got an answer, otherwise YOU would have shown all how much of an expert you are, you just come straight in with the insults, which is what you do.

You, an "expert", found to be wrong, again............🤭

(My Pontiac engine was parts of a shelf).........😆

So, you cannot answer my questions ?

• Confused 1