Onward Ticket Aranyaprathet

Hi, just want to drop a few lines and tell of a recent visa run to Aranyaprathet, mosy guys will probably know this anyway. It didnt affect me because i got type O and was just doing a 90 renewal, which was quite painless and swift after crossing the right palms with silver, seems Cambodian police are like brothers in arms. But it seems if you dont have a visa of any kind and are looking to do a 30 day visa on arrival run then make sure you have a flight ticket to prove you onward travel plans, otherwise its a no go, 2 guys got turned away, both had to purchase tickets from a travel agent at the border, cost 3500 baht, Penang return. Signs are all over the Thai immigration post stating that until further review of the visa rules this ruling will be enforced.

It certainly seems they dont want people here to stay, more and more regs each month to make it more and more difficult for honest people to stay. I was coming here for over 5 years as a tourist, never any problems. but after only 4 months living here i think its time to go back to being a tourist. I guess living here is not for everyone, too much bull and red tape for my liking. LOS only if you are police or immigration official lol

, both had to purchase tickets from a travel agent at the border, cost 3500 baht, Penang return.

I would like to know how they managed to get tickets BKK-Penang-BKK for only 3500 baht.

The best Internet booking price I could come up with for a 30 day advance booking was 4,673 baht (taxes included).

Hmmm, thanks for the info, I can't but help wonder what happened to the last 200b Bus ticket 'scheme' people were having to fork out for? Is this Air ticket scheme now replacing the 200b Bus ticket? Sounds like the Cambodians are drinking some serious Tea if so....

:o

Hmmm, thanks for the info, I can't but help wonder what happened to the last 200b Bus ticket 'scheme' people were having to fork out for? Is this Air ticket scheme now replacing the 200b Bus ticket? Sounds like the Cambodians are drinking some serious Tea if so....

The THB 200.-Ticket is valid for the Ban Laem crossing only.

The crossing in Aranyapathet require that Travellers show a Airticket.

please elaborate or show a link about the 200 bus ticket at that border for a 30 day visa exempt entry

thanks

please elaborate or show a link about the 200 bus ticket at that border for a 30 day visa exempt entry

thanks

Oops, I must admit 'I mut confuwed nidnoy', Ban Laem not Aranyapratet, thanks for the details deejah...

• 2 weeks later...

thanks

I'll be heading to Ban Laem at the end of this month. I'll be taking an e-ticket (edited of course) just to be certain. I wouldn't want to be stuck there on the day they decide to change the requirements.

Edited by tropo