Skeleton Found on Phuket Beach, Possibly an Indonesian Man

webfact

image.jpeg

Phuket - Parts of a human skeleton were found on a beach in Wichit with authorities also finding a wallet possibly identifying the deceased as a young Indonesian fisherman.

The Wichit Police were notified of the skeleton on Sunday (July 28th) on a beach at the Din Sor Cape on the Bo Rae-Khao Khad Road. They and medical staffers from the Vachira Phuket Hospital arrived at the beach shortly after the alert.

The skeleton remains were part of a human pelvis and upper leg bones. A doctor believes that the remains was a man. He died at least eight weeks before his remains were found. However, his age is unable to be identified.

By Goongnang Suksawat

Full story: THE PHUKET EXPRESS 2024-07-30

-  Cigna offers a variety of health insurance plans designed to meet the minimum requirement for medical treatment coverage, with benefits reaching up to THB 3 million. These plans are tailored to provide comprehensive healthcare solutions for expatriates, ensuring peace of mind and access to quality medical services. To explore the full range of Cigna's expat health insurance options and find a plan that suits your needs, click here for more information.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, webfact said:

Parts of a human skeleton were found on a beach in Wichit with authorities also finding a wallet possibly identifying the deceased as a young Indonesian fisherman.

the killers left a wallet ? how thoughtful. 

• Like 1

Lower body skeletal remains, dead for at least 8 weeks, washed up on a beach. Coincidentally, his intact wallet and ID card were found 50 meters away.

Sounds fishy to me.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Lower body skeletal remains, dead for at least 8 weeks, washed up on a beach. Coincidentally, his intact wallet and ID card were found 50 meters away.

Sounds fishy to me.

dumped/fell overboard...i assume they arrive at 8 weeks re tissue degredation on the pelvis/femur..but it really is a non-sensical statement to make unless there is other unreported information.  RIP.

18 hours ago, tandor said:

dumped/fell overboard...i assume they arrive at 8 weeks re tissue degredation on the pelvis/femur..but it really is a non-sensical statement to make unless there is other unreported information.  RIP.

Quick to make insulting judgement of me, but not smart enough to understand the point I was making about the wallet.

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Quick to make insulting judgement of me, but not smart enough to understand the point I was making about the wallet.

not at all...depends whether the pelvis/femurs had jean/trouser remnants which held the wallet..very little detail to go on..i am smart enough.

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Im talking about the initial article stating the person died 8 weeks ago..this is preposterous assumption.

On 7/31/2024 at 5:29 AM, tandor said:

not at all...depends whether the pelvis/femurs had jean/trouser remnants which held the wallet..very little detail to go on..i am smart enough.

It's feasible I guess that the wallet travelled on the journey with the skeletal remains right up until those remains landed on a Thailand beach.  However, I found the fact that the wallet and ID ended up intact just 50 meters away to be very unlikely. Ergo my suggestion that it was "fishy".

On 7/31/2024 at 5:32 AM, tandor said:

Im talking about the initial article stating the person died 8 weeks ago..this is preposterous assumption.

Perhaps you are smart enough to give opinions on decomposition of bodies in the sea, I am not.

12 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

It's feasible I guess that the wallet travelled on the journey with the skeletal remains right up until those remains landed on a Thailand beach.  However, I found the fact that the wallet and ID ended up intact just 50 meters away to be very unlikely. Ergo my suggestion that it was "fishy".

fully agree with you..just a lot of detail missing..tides, shipping etc. etc.