True Tv And Football.

gennisis

Remember all the The threats and possible emigrating from Thailand because ESPN and Star would no longer show decent football matches??? No footie!! the end of the world!!

Looking at the new shedules I would guess that (at least for August) there is much more football on the screens than before.

True channel 61 even showing pre-season friendlies,The Amsterdam Tourament etc.

Espn and Star show the European Cup matches and Carling and FA cup.

Unless you want Championship Div 1 & 2 as well,in all fairness I cant see what there is to complain about.

I appreciate I am concerned with Football only,and not other programms,but I remember reading anguished posts on the topic...maybe the posters can now calm down and perhaps credit True with some praise.

Sorry for the guys who have rushed out to get new dishes etc...no need for it was there??? :o

Maybe all this football. But i spoke to my mate tonight you owns the Winking Frog on soi 7. He told me that UBC or True or whatever they are called now will have all the build up in Thai. No English. So he is getting the SA satellite channels so that they can get English commentary. Have you ever listened to the Thais? Terrible. Even if you understand the language. Its still terrible. Even Thai friends agree.

He told me that UBC or True or whatever they are called now will have all the build up in Thai. No English. So he is getting the SA satellite channels so that they can get English commentary.

As long as we get the actual match commentary in English (which True say will happen) I'll be mostly satisfied.

Espn/Star still have some football focus stuff according to the schedules.

He told me that UBC or True or whatever they are called now will have all the build up in Thai. No English. So he is getting the SA satellite channels so that they can get English commentary.

As long as we get the actual match commentary in English (which True say will happen) I'll be mostly satisfied.

Espn/Star still have some football focus stuff according to the schedules.

Acording to the schedules. Yes but Football Focus was not on today as reported in their schedules.

The "anguished" posts were about the lack of pre and post match buildup, there will be more football than ESPN/Star would ever agreed to show in Thailand, that was known from the start.

I've never paid much attention to Football Focus, I mostly worry abot line ups and half time reports.

I like the build up and half time banter more than the actual game. Who cares what language the commentary is in. It's not by Asian based commentators anyway so who cares. The chat show pundits ARE asian based and it shows in their common sense and general wit. They is one of us.

Remember all the The threats and possible emigrating from Thailand because ESPN and Star would no longer show decent football matches??? No footie!! the end of the world!!

Looking at the new shedules I would guess that (at least for August) there is much more football on the screens than before.

True channel 61 even showing pre-season friendlies,The Amsterdam Tourament etc.

Espn and Star show the European Cup matches and Carling and FA cup.

Unless you want Championship Div 1 & 2 as well,in all fairness I cant see what there is to complain about.

I appreciate I am concerned with Football only,and not other programms,but I remember reading anguished posts on the topic...maybe the posters can now calm down and perhaps credit True with some praise.

Sorry for the guys who have rushed out to get new dishes etc...no need for it was there??? :o

:D Whilst watching football focus last night (Tue 7/8/07 ) during the adverts they were advertising this weeks coming matches to be shown on ESPN/star as well as a new programme on Friday called football forecast does this mean we will see even more footie this year I do hope so

So all you UBC watchers still have your ESPN/Star Sports as of the start of August?

Yes, and unless something changes, we (I) do owe True and apology. I never thought they would actually work towards accomplishing something that is costing them money, but they did.

They would never get half as much hassle, if they could get their customer service department more organised. They could have nipped all of it in the bud very early on.

However, I still think they could make some further improvements. What is happening with the Rugby World Cup? Cricket, showed the firs series in England this summer, and now none. I actually contacted them and inquired about the England V India series, no cricket I was told that is why it is not available. Strange, as I could have sworn that there was cricket on, and considering the big population of Indians in Thailand, then though that this series would have been more of a prority than the previous one.

On to the pre match build up and analysis, I will certainly miss that, if as it seems it is going to be presented in Thai only.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now, but I wouldn't trust UBC as far as I could throw them.

They seem to be putting more matches on but they won't get more money out of it if my experiance with them is anything to go by.I'm on gold package & want to go up to platigum so i can get all the matches.That would seem a very simple thing for them to do but all i have had is excuse after excuse & after 5 visits to their shop on pattaya clang because first they wanted to see my latest bill ,then they wanted my passport no then house book then my girlfrends passport & her i d card.Then after all that the lady/boy said if i give him/her 100 baht she would get it sorted.i would add that they do already have all these details from when i first got sat with them which was only 3 months ago.I walked out of the shop discusted & decided that i would phone them. What i got was the same load of crap so i got my g/f to phone .She was on the phone for thirty mins the result being that they want her to fax all the details to them & wait untill they send a letter so she can phone again to get it done.Well that is not going to happen because i'm just going to cancel everything & look for some other company.I will go out & watch the football.So lets see if they make money on it because from where i sit they just haven't got a clue