Laptop suggestions for trading???

Phedba

Good day all! Could I get any suggestions on a laptop (Windows) purchase specifically for trading? I'm in Chiang Mai and preferably would like to purchase at a brick & mortar shop should there be any issues after purchase; however, I'd buy online also if it's a reputable store that would stand behind what they sell. Although rare, I've been burned buying through Shopee, and disappointed a few times from Lazada.

I trade in the US markets and use a couple different platforms (demanding performance). With a few windows open my current laptop is far to slow, even with a ram & hard-drive upgrade.

I would love a desk-top but occasionally am on the road so the mobility thing is significant.

Thank you for any suggestions!

You're saying look for these specs in any laptop that has the ability to run an external monitor? Having another window open on an external monitor would be a dream!

Any suggestions on reputable places to shop in the north?

Thanks

ย 

53 minutes ago, Phedba said:

You're saying look for these specs in any laptop that has the ability to run an external monitor? Having another window open on an external monitor would be a dream!

Thanks

ย 

There are reputable computer shops in every large city.ย 

Be aware of fake Windows 11 copies. Download from Microsoft and install yourself.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Phedba said:

Thanks

ย 

Most PCs & laptops have HDMI output for 2nd monitor.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Phedba said:

Thanks

ย 

ย 

See my post in your other topic - I run 2 screens, the laptop one and a single external one but I could run two if I wanted to - I choose not to though.

• Thanks 1

If those apps for trading have a Linux option perhaps that would work.ย 

I dunno, not a Linux expert or fanboy.ย 

But I am seriously considering to move over to that platform.

I have ran the current ver 'Live', so much better than previous on this 12 yo 'puter.

Much better than W10 or W11 IMO for my usage, yes I will upgrade HW soon to AMD not Intel.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think any good modern computer will do. ย I havenโ€™t used a PC for a long time, but the last time I was actively trading, I had a Mac Mini connected to two monitors, and I was doing the actual trades on an IPad Pro. Worked very well.

• Thanks 1