Nancy Pelosi About Traumatic Attack on Her Husband and Offers Advice to Kamala Harris

Social Media

image.png.bcf77895dbcec86c6d5bc6a7d5b0dd25.png

In a revealing interview, Nancy Pelosi shared the harrowing experience of the October 28, 2022, attack on her husband, Paul Pelosi. For the first time, she discussed the trauma they endured when an assailant broke into their San Francisco home and struck her husband in the head with a hammer. The attack was so severe that surgeons had to remove part of his skull to save his life. "My husband and I have never talked about this," Pelosi said. "The doctors have supported that because they don't want him to revisit it." The assailant's target was Nancy Pelosi. "He was looking for me," she explained. "Imagine the guilt of all of that – it's just a horrible thing."

In her new book, "The Art of Power," Pelosi recounts the incident and its aftermath. Her daughter, Alexandra Pelosi, urged her to give up her public life in the wake of the attack. Nancy Pelosi reflected on the blame her family places on certain elements of the Republican Party for demonizing her over the years. "The sad thing about my husband's assault was that they just made a joke of it. They thought it was funny. And people laughed. So, [Trump] was an instigator of violence and then made light of it," she said.

Addressing reports that she led a coordinated effort to pressure President Joe Biden to drop out of the 2024 election, Pelosi denied any involvement. "Well, I've never shared any conversations with a President of the United States publicly, no," she said. Despite speculation, Pelosi maintained, "I didn't call one person. I could always say to him, 'I never called anybody.' What I'm saying is, I had confidence that the president would make the proper choice for our country, whatever that would be, and I said that."

Pelosi praised Biden's many accomplishments, including his leadership at the NATO Summit, and expressed her support for whatever decision he made regarding the election. She even suggested that Biden deserved a place on Mount Rushmore, calling him "a Mount Rushmore kind of President of the United States."

Reflecting on her 20 years as a leader in Congress, Pelosi emphasized the significance of her work during critical moments like the financial bailout, COVID relief, and the passage of the Affordable Care Act. She also recounted the terror of January 6, 2021, when rioters stormed the Capitol, targeting her and then-Vice President Mike Pence. Pelosi attributed the insurrection to Trump, stating, "It was an insurrection instigated by the President of the United States. He now tries to disassociate himself from it, blaming it on me and everybody else. But that's the way he is."

Pelosi also shared a candid moment from her book where she expressed her willingness to confront Trump if he came to the Capitol on January 6: "If he comes, I'm gonna punch him out for trespassing on the Capitol grounds. I'm gonna punch him out, and I'm gonna go to jail, and I'm going to be happy."

Now focusing her efforts on defeating Trump, Pelosi remains confident in the Democrats' ability to rally against him. She humorously remarked on Trump's choice of Ohio Senator JD Vance as his running mate, "I think it was a great choice!" When asked about her advice for Kamala Harris on campaigning against Trump, Pelosi emphasized authenticity. "Just be yourself," she advised. "It's the same advice I give to women – be yourself."

Pelosi dismissed attempts by Trump and his supporters to portray Harris negatively, advising Harris to focus on key issues and ignore the distractions. "Just talk about kitchen-table issues – ignore him," she said.

Despite stepping down from House leadership, Pelosi continues to run for re-election in her San Francisco district. When asked if she had ever been asked to run for president, Pelosi responded, "I haven't been asked, but I was encouraged to put my name in there sometime for vice president. I said, 'Why would I wanna be vice president?' I'm a legislator. I love legislating. People have to understand it's serious work."

Credit: CBS News  2024-08-06

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Cigna offers a variety of health insurance plans designed to meet the minimum requirement for medical treatment coverage, with benefits reaching up to THB 3 million. These plans are tailored to provide comprehensive healthcare solutions for expatriates, ensuring peace of mind and access to quality medical services. To explore the full range of Cigna's expat health insurance options and find a plan that suits your needs, click here for more information.

5 hours ago, LosLobo said:

Whereas he is openly selling real benefits to the rich for campaign financial support

Remember him asking oil company CEO’s for a billion dollars in campaign donations? Hmm, I wonder what he’s going to do in return for that if he becomes president….

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Sorry it happens but when a very liberial Mayor Breed and many like her Defund police this is what can happen. Just ask Former U.S. Senetor Boxer.

Defund police is propaganda from the right.  Don't fall for it

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, thaipo7 said:

Especially the phony J6 Committee filled with people who were anti-Trumpers.  Would you like to ask her why she refused 10,000 Guardsmen that Trump offered?  She was responsible for the safety of the US Capitol, NOT trump.  He did his job by offering the 10,000 men that she refused.  Would you like to know why her daughter was in the area with a film crew on J-6?  Would you like to know why no one was punished in 2020 during the summer of love, but were punished for walking on the grass around the capitol.  Did you know the removed all the 'Keep off the Grass" signs for J6.  Nah, you don't want to know.  It would scramble your brain that carries all the narratives, and Democrat talking points.

Many are anti Trumpers. For good reasons.

You are posting misinformation. Post links to prove what you say. Or....bs

• Like 2

A San Francisco progressive defending  a San Francisco progressive radical.
Nancy didnt allow the National Guard at the protest.

She ripped up a Presidents state of the union address as a activist statement in front of the whole world as she smiled!

As speaker of the house,She threatened to punch a sitting President !

Kharris needs all the activist helps she can get!

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/10/18/politics/nancy-pelosi-trump-punch/index.html

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, TedG said:

You are using the term improperly. Typical of those from the right. From that article which you never read.

“We committed to dismantling policing as we know it in the city of Minneapolis and to rebuild with our community a new model of public safety that actually keeps our community safe,” City Council President Lisa Bender told CNN at the time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roo Island said:

You are using the term improperly. Typical of those from the right. From that article which you never read.

“We committed to dismantling policing as we know it in the city of Minneapolis and to rebuild with our community a new model of public safety that actually keeps our community safe,” City Council President Lisa Bender told CNN at the time.

It was a loser.  Thus, they changed their minds. 

Gin infussed Hiccup..    

When asked about her advice for Kamala Harris on campaigning against Trump, Pelosi emphasized authenticity. "Just be yourself," she advised. "It's the same advice I give to women – be yourself."

and the reply would be..   Which one ?   the Jamaican ?   the Southern Asian ?  The cackling A$$ clown ?

but I just want to be black ( today )

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Luuk Chaai said:

Gin infussed Hiccup..    

When asked about her advice for Kamala Harris on campaigning against Trump, Pelosi emphasized authenticity. "Just be yourself," she advised. "It's the same advice I give to women – be yourself."

and the reply would be..   Which one ?   the Jamaican ?   the Southern Asian ?  The cackling A$$ clown ?

but I just want to be black ( today )

It'd be a highly successful mixed race American. You really need a better source for your news

• Like 2