Two Dead After Neighborhood Dispute in Bueng Kan Turns Violent

snoop1130

bad-neighbour_FB.jpg

A tragic incident in Bueng Kan province resulted in two deaths when a neighborhood disagreement escalated. A man killed his neighbor then shot himself despite bystanders' attempts to deescalate the situation.

The shooting incident, which took place in Ban Klang, Moo 8, Chaiyaphon subdistrict, Mueang Bueng Kan district, was reported to police and emergency units on August 4. At the scene, they found the bodies of Uthai Phrommin, 46, and Wanchai Sai Sanan, 59.

Phrommin, discovered in jeans but without a shirt, had been shot in his right eye, the bullet exiting the back of his head. About 15 meters away, the body of Sai Sanan was discovered, wearing a red-collared shirt, with a gunshot wound to his right temple. A .38 caliber revolver was found near his body.

Eyewitnesses disclosed that the two men had frequently been in conflict, often resorting to verbal confrontations. Phrommin operated a grocery store in the village, and Sai Sanan lived about 50 meters away. The confrontation that led to their deaths began as another of their frequent arguments, which escalated into a physical fight.

Sai Sanan, unable to overpower Phrommin, went home and returned with the revolver. He shot Phrommin in his right eye, instantly killing him.

Despite attempts by bystanders to calm Sai Sanan and convince him to surrender his weapon, he shot himself in the right temple shortly afterward, resulting in his death.

Forensic officers and the on-duty doctor at Bueng Kan Hospital first collected fingerprint and forensic evidence at the scene. Autopsies will be done at Khon Kaen Hospital's Forensic Institute to ascertain the exact causes of death.

Investigators plan to call on the deceased individuals' relatives and eyewitnesses for interviews to understand what prompted Sai Sanan to resort to violence.

File photo for reference only

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-08-05

Cigna offers a variety of health insurance plans designed to meet the minimum requirement for medical treatment coverage, with benefits reaching up to THB 3 million. These plans are tailored to provide comprehensive healthcare solutions for expatriates, ensuring peace of mind and access to quality medical services. To explore the full range of Cigna's expat health insurance options and find a plan that suits your needs, click here for more information.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1

Do Thais ever consider consequences (prison, death etc) or is it all about win at all cost? Guy I know lived here a long time told me once... Thai's will not only cut off their nose to spite their face, they will cut off their whole head. I guess the guy who shot and killed the other guy first must have grinned and thought "I really showed him", seconds before he killed himself.  

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Do Thais ever consider consequences (prison, death etc) or is it all about win at all cost?

I would say that most Thais do consider the consequences as most Thais are not in prison or killed.

• Confused 2

13 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

I would say that most Thais do consider the consequences as most Thais are not in prison or killed.

You really do say some silly things Malcolm :biggrin:.  Thais do not equate to the consequences of their actions in play,  we have witnessed this 1000 times over and I've seen it myself many times.  

They have no thought whatsoever about what will happen after .....   period   

Edited by steven100
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

tragic incident in Bueng Kan province resulted in two deaths when a neighborhood disagreement escalated

I wonder if Bob Smith lives in the Bueng Kan province!!!!!!! 

He's always having a disagreement with someone in his neighbourhood. 

🤔

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Haha 1