Layover flight

1 hour ago, villageidiotY2K said:

who should i ask, korean embassy inthailand or the airline? 

Airline theres no contact number or email, just <deleted>e dup bots.

I worked for PDO for many years; Oman is a beautiful country and the people so friendly and welcoming :)

Even if you have visa free entry to South Korea, you may need to fill in an E-Travel Authorization. Fortunately, it appears that Omanis are exempt from this so all you need to do is fill out immigration cards which you should get on the plane before you land. 

You can check the requirements here: https://www.k-eta.go.kr/portal/apply/index.do

10 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I worked for PDO for many years; Oman is a beautiful country and the people so friendly and welcoming 🙂

Even if you have visa free entry to South Korea, you may need to fill in an E-Travel Authorization. Fortunately, it appears that Omanis are exempt from this so all you need to do is fill out immigration cards which you should get on the plane before you land. 

You can check the requirements here: https://www.k-eta.go.kr/portal/apply/index.do

Are you sure they are exempt?

https://www.fm.gov.om/seoul/

58 minutes ago, NowNow said:

You were wrong about China...get over it. 

So far, your contribution to this thread has been misinformation and argumentative. No value whatsoever. Truth.

The op is from Oman, can’t just disembark an aircraft and apply for a 24 hour pass, need to apply before departure among many other countries, oppose the above abject nonsense that implies all nationals are eligible.
Again as stated in my first post.

4 hours ago, novacova said:

Depending on the origin of your pp

Edited by novacova
  • Confused 2

25 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Are you sure they are exempt?

https://www.fm.gov.om/seoul/

This is from the link you posted:

The Foreign Ministry has been informed by the Embassy of the Republic of Korea that as of April 1, 2022, Omani citizens can obtain entry visas on arrival in the Republic of Korea but Omani travellers must hold K-ETA (Korea Electronic Travel Authorisation) by applying on the website (www.k-eta.go.kr) or via the mobile app (K-ETA) at least 72 hours prior to their flight. Only K-ETA approved passengers will be able to board the flight to Korea.

but when you go to the K-ETA site and enter your nationality as Omani, you get the following message:

image.png.68c12ecb9fce45c86a473f6dfbdcf08c.png

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

The Foreign Ministry has been informed by the Embassy of the Republic of Korea that as of April 1, 2022, Omani citizens can obtain entry visas on arrival in the Republic of Korea but Omani travellers must hold K-ETA (Korea Electronic Travel Authorisation) by applying on the website (www.k-eta.go.kr) or via the mobile app (K-ETA) at least 72 hours prior to their flight. Only K-ETA approved passengers will be able to board the flight to Korea.

but when you go to the K-ETA site and enter your nationality as Omani, you get the following message:

Was referring to China, not S Korea 

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

Useful...though would still double check according to their particular circumstance of simply wanting to transit. 

For example, will they check their luggage all the way through or collect it and check in again on return from their city tour? Personally, I would check the luggage all the way through to Taiwan.

Edited by NowNow

53 minutes ago, novacova said:

The op is from Oman, can’t just disembark an aircraft and apply for a 24 hour pass, need to apply before departure among many other countries, oppose the above abject nonsense that implies all nationals are eligible.
Again as stated in my first post.

You are continuing to make a fool of yourself here. Again, you had the chance to read BEFORE AGAIN slapping the yolk against your forehead, but you will insist.. 

• Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Iran, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Malaysia, Oman, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, and Yemen citizens transiting through Xiamen need to apply for a visa beforehand.

It is only if they are transiting via the particular port city of Xiamen that Omani citizens need to apply.

You tried to pull a fast one here and failed AGAIN. You wrote that it was not possible via China, alongside this nonsense: "Really? Okay then go there and disembark an aircraft and try to enter without a visa and report back."

Just give it up. You were/are wrong and then you got worse. When will you learn?

8 hours ago, novacova said:

Really? Okay then go there and disembark an aircraft and try to enter without a visa and report back.

Some of the cities have onsite short term transfer visas for 24, 72 or 144 hours (based on the signs I've seen in the airports of Chengdu, Chongching, Xiamen, Shanghai, Guangzhou, and others where I've laid over in this past year.)  I haven't really investigated because my visa situation doesn't  require it. 

Worth looking into, because some of the Chinese cities are absolutely great for a day or 2 of shopping (especially the tech malls) and history touring.  But do your homework.

Edited by impulse

4 hours ago, NowNow said:

It is only if they are transiting via the particular port city of Xiamen that Omani citizens need to apply.

Aside from your personal abject remarks…what you are referring to is transit visas, pp holders from certain countries were required to obtain a transit visa to pass through China for up to 24 hours, that has been lifted, for some pp holders of certain countries transiting longer than 24 hours still require to obtain a visa, it is required to stay in the confines of the transit area(s) with this type of visa, no existing and exploring. Still, an entry visa is required, pp holders from various countries are exempt from applying before arriving. The eligible exempt pp holders can apply on arrival for up to 6 days. PP holders from an unlisted country cannot enter China without applying for and obtaining an entry visa before departure. 

Edited by novacova
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Some of the cities have onsite short term transfer visas for 24, 72 or 144 hours (based on the signs I've seen in the airports of Chengdu, Chongching, Xiamen, Shanghai, Guangzhou, and others where I've laid over in this past year.)  I haven't really investigated because my visa situation doesn't  require it. 

Worth looking into, because some of the Chinese cities are absolutely great for a day or 2 of shopping (especially the tech malls) and history touring.  But do your homework.

Homework done, been to china a few times. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, novacova said:

Aside from your personal abject remarks…what you are referring to is transit visas, pp holders from certain countries were required to obtain a transit visa to pass through China for up to 24 hours, that has been lifted, for some pp holders of certain countries transiting longer than 24 hours still require to obtain a visa, it is required to stay in the confines of the transit area(s) with this type of visa, no existing and exploring. Still, an entry visa is required, pp holders from various countries are exempt from applying before arriving. The eligible exempt pp holders can apply on arrival for up to 6 days. PP holders from an unlisted country cannot enter China without applying for and obtaining an entry visa before departure. 

What an interminable load of waffle. The OP asked if he had a twenty four hour stopover, could he get out and take a look around the city. You said no for China, when the answer was yes, dependent on the passport they hold. They have 72 hours and 144 hours visa free transit wherein you can stay in China within that period.

https://visaguide.world/asia/china-visa/transit-visa/72-hour-visa-free/

144-Hour Visa-free Transit in China (visaguide.world)

No one other than the OP at that stage knew that he had a passport from Oman. Why can't you just give it a rest? You got it wrong. Is it that life changing to you to just acknowledge it and move on? It's painful to see you floundering like that. Just... wow 😲

Edited by NowNow

8 hours ago, villageidiotY2K said:

who should i ask, korean embassy inthailand or the airline? 

Airline theres no contact number or email, just <deleted>e dup bots.

You do know there's this thing now on the the internet called Google!

1 hour ago, NowNow said:

What an interminable load of waffle. The OP asked if he had a twenty four hour stopover, could he get out and take a look around the city. You said no for China, when the answer was yes, dependent on the passport they hold. They have 72 hours and 144 hours visa free transit wherein you can stay in China within that period.

https://visaguide.world/asia/china-visa/transit-visa/72-hour-visa-free/

144-Hour Visa-free Transit in China (visaguide.world)

No one other than the OP at that stage knew that he had a passport from Oman. Why can't you just give it a rest? You got it wrong. Is it that life changing to you to just acknowledge it and move on? It's painful to see you floundering like that. Just... wow 😲

Good grief, did someone drop you on your head when you were a baby? Your abject insolence is astounding. As stated previously, “depending on the pp” but you can’t read or you are here just to fight and hold a silly grudge, even in the desperation of your conflated rhetoric. And yes, you are absolutely wrong in your twisted conflation. Enjoy the last word 👍

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, novacova said:

Good grief, did someone drop you on your head when you were a baby? Your abject insolence is astounding. As stated previously, “depending on the pp” but you can’t read or you are here just to fight and hold a silly grudge, even in the desperation of your conflated rhetoric. And yes, you are absolutely wrong in your twisted conflation. Enjoy the last word 👍

Let me remind you of what you actually wrote, you nasty little gaslighter 😊

Depending on the origin of your pp, Taiwan Singapore Japan S Korea, sure. China, no

Really? Okay then go there and disembark an aircraft and try to enter without a visa and report back.

You posts full of ignorance are there for all to read in posterity. You cannot rewrite history.

China is possible and you can disembark visa free. You were wrong on all counts.

On 8/6/2024 at 10:37 AM, villageidiotY2K said:

im planning a trip to taiwan but cheap ticket i found got a layover in korea for 24 hrs.

So i might as well make a sightseeing around korea instead of staying at the over priced shops at the airport.

ive got omanian passport, no visa required for both taiwan for korea during my short stay for a week.

So i can freely roam around the city of korea?

You will enjoy Korea, great food and beautiful women 24 hours isn’t enough time 

51 minutes ago, khunJam said:

You will enjoy Korea, great food and beautiful women 24 hours isn’t enough time 

Flippant and nonsensical. Don't be so presumptuous. 

18 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Shame about your experience. Better luck next time.

18 minutes ago, NowNow said:

What a sad case...

15 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Flippant and nonsensical. Don't be so presumptuous. 

Excuses me-what? Did you forget to take your mental medication lately? 

Just now, khunJam said:

Excuses me-what? Did you forget to take your mental medication lately? 

Back again, loser? Did you actually have anything useful to add to this thread or did you join to relieve your frustrations? It seems the latter. Perhaps you forgot to take your medications, Troll.

On 8/6/2024 at 1:57 PM, NowNow said:

You are continuing to make a fool of yourself here. Again, you had the chance to read BEFORE AGAIN slapping the yolk against your forehead, but you will insist.. 

You tried to pull a fast one here and failed AGAIN. You wrote that it was not possible via China, alongside this nonsense: "Really? Okay then go there and disembark an aircraft and try to enter without a visa and report back."

Just give it up. You were/are wrong and then you got worse. When will you learn?

OMG! You are full of it! You never traveled into China have you. By reading your childish comments-mid 30’s from oz yes of course 😆

2 minutes ago, khunJam said:

OMG! You are full of it! You never traveled into China have you. By reading your childish comments-mid 30’s from oz yes of course 😆

Many times. Now run along. No more time for your infantile behaviour.....and you're gone.

Edited by NowNow

1 minute ago, NowNow said:

Back again, loser? Did you actually have anything useful to add to this thread or did you join to relieve your frustrations? It seems the latter. Perhaps you forgot to take your medications, Troll.

You are the only loser around here little boy. You have made yourself out to be the #1 troll - maybe too many years incarcerated turned you into a thug clown