Any changes in the Existing Non O marriage visa?

Hello All,

Just heard the roll out of new visa regulations. I am currently holding a Non O Family visa ( marriage visa with a child who is born in Thailand) 

Any changes in the 400 K Bhat in the bank for 3 months for renewal? Is there any other requirement?

Thank you for your inputs in advance 

16 minutes ago, KhunHygge said:

Hello All,

Just heard the roll out of new visa regulations. I am currently holding a Non O Family visa ( marriage visa with a child who is born in Thailand) 

Any changes in the 400 K Bhat in the bank for 3 months for renewal? Is there any other requirement?

Thank you for your inputs in advance 

The new 'visa regulations' that you allude to do not affect extensions, which I assume is what you are talking about.

Thank you. So if I understand correctly for  the extension of the Marriage Visa (Non O type ) there is no change.

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

The new 'visa regulations' that you allude to do not affect extensions, which I assume is what you are talking about.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, KhunHygge said:

Thank you. So if I understand correctly for  the extension of the Marriage Visa (Non O type ) there is no change.

Correct. I'll be doing my own in a few weeks and I'm not aware of any changes.

Thank you very much. Shall reach out to you in a month’s time to check how it went and if any additional requirements.

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

You talk about a family visa, normally its Thai spouse ext (wife) or Thai dependent ext (child), if its your child  and documented that way, marriage cert, birth cert in your name, you could go for Thai dependent, which funds have to be there on the day of application. The extra documents you will need are birth cert, childs ID (if they have I) and blue book registration  

There was something in a thread recently that an O visa required insurance with a thai company but as far as I know that has never been the case with a spouse visa..hopefully not because they are not reliable as I found out once before during covid lock down..

1 hour ago, Johno57 said:

There was something in a thread recently that an O visa required insurance with a thai company but as far as I know that has never been the case with a spouse visa..hopefully not because they are not reliable as I found out once before during covid lock down..

Extensions from a non O or non O-A based on marriage do not require insurance. 

21 hours ago, colinchaffers said:

You talk about a family visa, normally its Thai spouse ext (wife) or Thai dependent ext (child), if its your child  and documented that way, marriage cert, birth cert in your name, you could go for Thai dependent, which funds have to be there on the day of application. The extra documents you will need are birth cert, childs ID (if they have I) and blue book registration  

The OP, is currently married.

He would need to apply for extension based on marriage