Thai Police Commission Validates Decision to Dismiss Police General Surachate Hakpar

Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin announced, on 7 August, that he will forward the order to dismiss Deputy National Police Chief Pol Gen Surachate Hakparn for royal endorsement. This follows the Police Virtue Protection Committee's decision yesterday affirming the legality of the order.

ย 

When he was questioned about waiting for Pol Gen Surachate to appeal to the Administrative Court, Srettha emphasised that while Pol Gen Surachate has the right to appeal, the committee's decision requires moving forward with the royal endorsement request.

6 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

ย 

Instead of suing , he should just retire and enjoy his money .

If he cannot do this here in Thailand , I heard that there are villas for sale in Dubai .

That would be the rational choice, but he lost face, and in Thailand you can't walk into the sunset after a major loss of face.ย 

• Agree 1

Corruption has a long history dating back to the Mandarins in China. ย Their pay was very poor and they were expected to make a living by charging for their services. ย Indeed, when I was dealing with the Vietnamese government back in the 60โ€™s, it took an appropriate bribe to get anything done expeditiously. ย When I visited Vietnam in the 80โ€™s, ย the local newspapers were full of stories about scams and incidents of corruption. ย  The positive side of corruption is that it enables you to do many exceptional things that would not be possible without the payoff. ย  In fact, many posters on this site willingly accept using agents to get extensions of stay knowing that there will be corruption involved. ย Perhaps we are hypocritical.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Polaky said:

He is the only bloke who is not corrupt, and they cannot have his kind in the force.

If only you knew what I do? It didnโ€™t come from a bar stool in Pattaya either.ย 

The tip of the iceberg 480,000 how about they count offshore have you checked to Sam homes that he bought another countries or property and why are you checking all these things out? Maybe you can answer the one question where is the Red Bull kid TIT