Weak water flow and pressure

eyz4eva

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

We have planted some Korean Banyan trees but was also was considering plastic planking on the walls that get really hot.....is that feasible...crazy?

On the outside? What kind of wall? 

Just now, Yellowtail said:

On the outside? What kind of wall? 

Concrete scree, if that's the right term, over single brick wall.

Two walls in particular 'soak up' the heat in the dry season

Just now, Will B Good said:

Concrete scree, if that's the right term, over single brick wall.

Two walls in particular 'soak up' the heat in the dry season

Inside or outside? 

Are your windows good? 

If it were me, I would go to SCG home store and have the staff go through the product offerings. 

Without a wide temperature swing, insulation on walls is not a great investment. 

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Inside or outside? 

Are your windows good? 

If it were me, I would go to SCG home store and have the staff go through the product offerings. 

Without a wide temperature swing, insulation on walls is not a great investment. 

Cheers.....I'll do that.....don't want to whack something on the walls and find we create a whole host of other problems...

18 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

We have planted some Korean Banyan trees but was also was considering plastic planking on the walls that get really hot.....is that feasible...crazy?

it is perfectly possible to shade the wall with plastic planking, however to have the best effect anything you use should not be attached to the wall, but stand off the wall and allow airflow between it and the wall so as to prevent heat transfer.

36 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Looking at doing that......re: the wall.....what are you considering?

i think should be rockwool board.

http://xhslink.com/C/IAiEfF

something like this, not sure if its available cheaply in Thai, but ill be importing in from China. am trying to find something easy to install, especially on around the windows.

2 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

it is perfectly possible to shade the wall with plastic planking, however to have the best effect anything you use should not be attached to the wall, but stand off the wall and allow airflow between it and the wall so as to prevent heat transfer.

Arrr...so they could even be free standing.....could move them around from wall to wall???.....that sounds interesting.

Never really thought of that.....just need to be careful re: wind.

Just now, Will B Good said:

Cheers.....I'll do that.....don't want to whack something on the walls and find we create a whole host of other problems...

Are you trying to save money or make the room cooler or both? 

If you are just trying to save money and the wall is already shaded, solar panels would be your best investment. 

If the room is not getting cool enough, and the wall is already shaded, upgrade the AC. 

Woody (above) seems to be a great resource on windows and insulation in Thailand. 

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

Are you trying to save money or make the room cooler or both? 

If you are just trying to save money and the wall is already shaded, solar panels would be your best investment. 

If the room is not getting cool enough, and the wall is already shaded, upgrade the AC. 

Woody (above) seems to be a great resource on windows and insulation in Thailand. 

Money is not an issue really.....we could just put the aircon on.....but SWMBO isn't happy.....says it gives people the flu and colds 🙄........so really something to take the edge of the heat and survive with non-disease inducing fans.

40 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Hope you're on the mend and doing okay. 

If light does not get into tank, algae should not grow. 

For a pre-pump filter you might want something with a clear bowl and a reusable screen so as not to choke the pump. Something like this: 

Filter.png.68cfd3dfa804b1333b80582e269aeffe.png

WAVE PRE FILTER ตัวกรองน้ำ รับประกัน3เดือน ติดตั้งง่าย ประหยัด ตัวกรองน้ำใช้ขั้นต้น ครบชุดพร้อมติดตั้ง ตัวกรองครบชุด | Lazada.co.th

Never install a filter without a bypass. 

32 minutes ago, itsari said:

Polymer tanks minimise the chance of moss and algae growth. I think it helps to keep the tank free of direct sunlight if possible.

I hope all is well after your accident.

thanks guys, my wife and i escaped almost unscathed, some scratches on my knees and bruises for my wife.

thanks for the pre-filter recommendation.

• Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Money is not an issue really.....we could just put the aircon on.....but SWMBO isn't happy.....says it gives people the flu and colds 🙄........so really something to take the edge of the heat and survive with non-disease inducing fans.

Get a few ceiling fans, they move a lot more air and lover speed and turn the air much better than floor/wall fans.  If you have the windows open, insulation would just be a waste of money. 

Shade, open windows, good screens, ceiling fans. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Get a few ceiling fans, they move a lot more air and lover speed and turn the air much better than floor/wall fans.  If you have the windows open, insulation would just be a waste of money. 

Shade, open windows, good screens, ceiling fans. 

i think tackling the issue at the root is better than neutralizing the problems that the issue had brought along. i'm not referring to the sun here. hehe

once the heat are trapped in the walls or ceiling, the house will be in constant heat. whatever actions that we take, turning on AC or fan, it is only to lower down the heat. in a long run. AC in particular will have to work harder in order to bring the temperature down.

21 minutes ago, eyz4eva said:

i think tackling the issue at the root is better than neutralizing the problems that the issue had brought along. i'm not referring to the sun here. hehe

once the heat are trapped in the walls or ceiling, the house will be in constant heat. whatever actions that we take, turning on AC or fan, it is only to lower down the heat. in a long run. AC in particular will have to work harder in order to bring the temperature down.

Once a wall is shaded, unless the ambient outside temperature fluctuates significantly, the wall is going to be about the temperature of the outside temperature, regardless of what the wall is composed of. 

37 minutes ago, eyz4eva said:

The walls do act as night-storage heaters.....throughout the day.

18 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Once a wall is shaded, unless the ambient outside temperature fluctuates significantly, the wall is going to be about the temperature of the outside temperature, regardless of what the wall is composed of. 

oh ok, my apology, i thought you were referring to a wall receiving the direct sun. if it shaded, then any insulation would have least to no effect.