Facebook 2 step verification

Hi, I am a Retired Quality Engineer living in Thailand and have been using Facebook for the last 15years so there is a lot of data on my page, the account was hacked a few weeks ago The hacker changed Password, email and turned on 2 step verification, well after reading ALL the Facebook help I managed to fix the password and email , but I can not turn off 2step verification, need a code,  I have reached out to the help line but no response have verified my ID several times but again no response  I cannot get the code via my mobile as  I lost the number a while ago, i still have WhatsApp which the help line could send me the code but again no response, so Iam at a lost of how i can recover my account 15years of lost memory's

26 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

Hi, I am a Retired Quality Engineer living in Thailand and have been using Facebook for the last 15years so there is a lot of data on my page, the account was hacked a few weeks ago The hacker changed Password, email and turned on 2 step verification, well after reading ALL the Facebook help I managed to fix the password and email , but I can not turn off 2step verification, need a code,  I have reached out to the help line but no response have verified my ID several times but again no response  I cannot get the code via my mobile as  I lost the number a while ago, i still have WhatsApp which the help line could send me the code but again no response, so Iam at a lost of how i can recover my account 15years of lost memory's

I received the code via email

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, norbra said:

I received the code via email

have tried that nothing

I am talking about the 2 step verification Not resetting password

Screenshot 2024-08-05 184857.png

Edited by MikeandDow

Do you have FB installed on a PC? And a mobile?

I think you can turn off 2FA within FB on a desktop PC, receiving the prompt from within the mobile app.

I'll admit FB's security schemes can be challenging.

Even that in-app notification is annoying as they highlight the "No it's not me" in blue. Clicking on that required a few hours to correct.