Visa-free entry for Chinese nationals has many consequences

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The Thai government’s decision to encourage visa-free travel for Chinese nationals has certainly boosted their numbers. They are now estimated to be around 35,000 per day as flights increase from more cities in China. The overall volume is either back to pre-covid days or has even surpassed it.

Invite them in, take the good with the bad... 

12 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I think many of us have seen articles recently about Pattaya and Phuket being just absolutely overrun with tourists, and the areas not being able to cope. It's getting to be a bit like Paris or Rome, during the summer time. No thanks. Thrilled I don't live in either area. 

19 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I think many of us have seen articles recently about Pattaya and Phuket being just absolutely overrun with tourists, and the areas not being able to cope. It's getting to be a bit like Paris or Rome, during the summer time. No thanks. Thrilled I don't live in either area. 

19 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

welcome to Chiang Mai , enjoy a true chinese Disneyland , you walking wallet, you.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Ive read that a number of months back even about Pattaya but yet they keep doung everything possible to bring them in. I remember after that article the hotel association complaining not enough business?

Here is the problem my comment isnt about tourist!  Tourist dont buy homes, send their kids to school, go to Tops and but thousands of baht of groceries nor tourist go Home Pro to buy furniture, appliances, or open bank accounts!

I know Triads been here a long time and how they go about things to stay but young families as if they are escaping China, relocating permenent too young to retired all within working age. So where is all the money coming are they working.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Ive read that a number of months back even about Pattaya but yet they keep doung everything possible to bring them in. I remember after that article the hotel association complaining not enough business?

Here is the problem my comment isnt about tourist!  Tourist dont buy homes, send their kids to school, go to Tops and but thousands of baht of groceries nor tourist go Home Pro to buy furniture, appliances, or open bank accounts!

I know Triads been here a long time and how they go about things to stay but young families as if they are escaping China, relocating permenent too young to retired all within working age. So where is all the money coming are they working.

This is precisely what happened in Laos starting about 8 or 9 years ago. Chinese just moved in en masse, around 800,000 in a country of 7.5 million people. Ignored any legal or visa requirements. Crossed the border, set up shops, businesses, schools, and that was it for Laos.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1