Contact Building Owner

My wife has a shophouse in Bangkok, and the long-term residents recently moved out, and we would like to buy the property. 

Will the land office provide us with contact information for the actual owner?

The previous tenants were there before we bought our unit (about ten years ago) and my wife thought they were the owner, and they were not helpful when we asked. 

Suggestions? 

13 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

My wife has a shophouse in Bangkok, and the long-term residents recently moved out, and we would like to buy the property. 

Will the land office provide us with contact information for the actual owner?

The previous tenants were there before we bought our unit (about ten years ago) and my wife thought they were the owner, and they were not helpful when we asked. 

Suggestions? 

The Land office will provide details to a Lawyer, as they are doing due diligence.

So unless your wife has contacts with someone in the LO or a connected agent, a Lawyer is your only way to go.

Just now, couchpotato said:

The Land office will provide details to a Lawyer, as they are doing due diligence.

So unless your wife has contacts with someone in the LO or a connected agent, a Lawyer is your only way to go.

Thanks, my wife has no contacts. 

Would this be something a scrupulous lawyer would do? 

11 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Thanks, my wife has no contacts. 

Would this be something a scrupulous lawyer would do? 

Due diligence should always be done if you are buying a property. So you are firstly hiring a Law firm to only carry out that assignment. If you need a Lawyer later to actually help in securing the property, then you can retain that Lawyer or contract another Lawyer or Agent for that task.

3 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Due diligence should always be done if you are buying a property. So you are firstly hiring a Law firm to only carry out that assignment. If you need a Lawyer later to actually help in securing the property, then you can retain that Lawyer or contract another Lawyer or Agent for that task.

So, this is something a lawyer can ethically and easily do? 

50 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

So, this is something a lawyer can ethically and easily do? 

Yes--one day job. He checks the Chanoot for any liens, loans, mortgages, 3rd party contracts, leases of any type etc.