Malaysias Shocking Justice

gennisis

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My major problem with the law nowadays is that there's to much sympathy for the criminals and not enough for the victims of a serious crime.

I was very angry a year ago I think, that a traffic policeman on his bike here in HK, was hit head on by a car driven by a drunken man driving on the wrong side of the road and thrown off a flyover and died, and he got 3 years jail term.

3 years!! For a life? And this man has been caught before for drink driving!

How is it going to deter people from drink driving?

Many of the perpetrators of crimes committed against persons , such as rape,seem to get off on the fear and humiliation they cause to their victims.

IMO the perpetrators should be made to experience the same as their victims as part of their punishment.

To have their bare behind caned until they blubbered in front of their assembled fellow prisoners every month for the term of their sentence would be a great incentive not to re-offend.

Pain ,fear and humiliation ,exactly as their victims experienced.

People convicted and sentenced to jail, go to jail as punishment not for punishment....rehab works more effectively than "hard labour" in that the reoffending rates are lower.

Giving crims hard time only serves to make them even more bitter at the system

Sorry, Mr Burns - but Australia has one of the highest incidences of repeat offenders in the world! Our prison system is failing because we are too soft on prisoners. Actually the problem rests with the judiciary - judges have too many sentencing options and invariably hand down a 'weak' sentence.

Then the crims get it easy in jail. Where is the deterrent ??? Jail for many crims is just 'an occupational hazard.'

Peter

australia is pathetic when it comes to punishing offenders.

the do gooders cry out that offenders are there for reabilitation, not punishment and in the mean time old people are getting bashed , houses broken into regularly, woman raped and murder is all to a common occurance these days.

if you are indiginous, the law is applied even more lightly and every body is jacked off with the magistrates that hand down pathetic lenient sentences.

i work with quite a few ex cops and they have left the force because of a system that is in support of the poor criminal :o while old people cower in there house to scared to venture out.

i would love to hear the do gooders opinion's once there loved ones have been raped or murdered.

cane the criminals hard, and cane them long i say.

after all is said and done, they will never forget that pain.