harris campaign manipulated Google ad headlines

riclag

1 hour ago, Irish star said:

Maybe open your ears , What’s Trumps Policies, Mass Deportations, Grift , Putin Kim Adoration, Christofascistism, Denying Voting ,Roe Wade  , you are a Woman ,are you Not

That is no answer. Is funny your reply. You do not know her policies so you quote things you do not like about Trumps policies. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

No, the Harris team has re-written the headlines to make them appear favourable to Harris and then presents them as if the reputable news outlets, like the Independent, had written those headlines. It is diabolical misinformation and propaganda, of the kind Goebbels may have thought up, and The Independent not only condemns it in the strongest terms, but will have these "ads" removed. Good on them.

"A spokesperson for The Independent condemned the practice: “It is entirely wrong for anyone to put fake headlines under The Independent brand. We object fiercely and believe it is undermining of what politics and journalism should be about. It is misleading to muddle fake headlines with any campaign trying to persuade people to vote in an election, and must be widely condemned. We will be seeking their removal.”"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/kamala-harris-google-ad-campaign-b2596410.html

As a Independent voter who doesn’t align with the popular USA parties , thanks for exposing the Hypocrisy of those who would assume power by manipulating narratives and news headlines! 
Its truly shameful !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Again, yes. The headlines are changed and then the ad is presented as if The Guardian or The Independent wrote it. It is deceptive.

The Guardian too will seek the removal of those ads.

“While we understand why an organization might wish to align itself with The Guardian’s trusted brand, we need to ensure it is being used appropriately and with our permission. We’ll be reaching out to Google for more information about this practice,” a Guardian spokesperson told Axios."

https://www.fastcompany.com/91173357/kamala-harris-ad-controversy-explained

Deceptive, yes. But no, the headlines are not changed, original headlines are still there. But the search results are manipulated by the new, very favourable, headlines.

Illegal, no.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Again, yes. The headlines are changed and then the ad is presented as if The Guardian or The Independent wrote it. It is deceptive.

“While we understand why an organization might wish to align itself with The Guardian’s trusted brand, we need to ensure it is being used appropriately and with our permission. We’ll be reaching out to Google for more information about this practice,” a Guardian spokesperson told Axios."

It's not illegal and is done all the time. One reason you need to read behind the headlines

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, riclag said:

Kamala Harris reportedly manipulating news headlines in Google search.

'Outnumbered' panelists react to the recent Axios report.

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6360422007112

Wake up people , its getting ridiculous!

Now as you read through the thread,you can see

that multiple news sources have reported the scandalous incident!

Edited by riclag
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Roo Island said:

It's not illegal and is done all the time. One reason you need to read behind the headlines

I realise it's not illegal and done all the time. But I don't like it because it is deceptive. It makes the reader think that The Guardian or The Independent wrote the headline which the Harris team wrote.

Prostitution is legal too in many places but I wouldn't want to live next to a brothel.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Deceptive, yes. But no, the headlines are not changed, original headlines are still there. But the search results are manipulated by the new, very favourable, headlines.

Illegal, no.

The original headlines are still there, but the headline the reader sees FIRST is the one written by the Harris team and passed off as Guardian or Independent headline.  It's not illegal, but it should be.

I realise these ads are marked as "sponsored" but who among the readers knows that sponsered ads can be manipulated this way? Almost none. They will see the Harris written headline and assume it is from the Guardian or Indpendent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

I realise it's not illegal and done all the time. But I don't like it because it is deceptive. It makes the reader think that The Guardian or The Independent wrote the headline which the Harris team wrote.

Prostitution is legal too in many places but I wouldn't want to live next to a brothel.

And you are ok with this?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-harris-campaign-photo-crowd-size-detroit/

Trump falsely claims Harris campaign used AI to fake crowd in Detroit

4 minutes ago, riclag said:

Now as you read the topic you can see

that multiple news sources have reported the scandalous incident!

I saw the Guardian too will seek to have those ads removed. 

Should be illegal in my view.

• Agree 2

45 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

The thing is, members of the Harris campaign aren’t changing the stories. They’re altering the way the stories appear on Google search, and at the end of the day this is a common practice.

1 minute ago, Roo Island said:

The thing is, members of the Harris campaign aren’t changing the stories. They’re altering the way the stories appear on Google search, and at the end of the day this is a common practice.

I understand they're not changing the stories. I also understand the ads are marked as "sponsored" so clever people like you can see immediately there is a risk this ad has been rewritten, or rather its headline. However, the Harris team is writing a favourable headline which, to the vast majority of people who see the ad, makes it look like the Guardian or Independent wrote the headline.

If Harris campaign do this, obviously they must see a benefit to this. However, it is deceptive and should be illegal imho.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

I understand they're not changing the stories. I also understand the ads are marked as "sponsored" so clever people like you can see immediately there is a risk this ad has been rewritten, or rather its headline. However, the Harris team is writing a favourable headline which, to the vast majority of people who see the ad, makes it look like the Guardian or Independent wrote the headline.

If Harris campaign do this, obviously they must see a benefit to this. However, it is deceptive and should be illegal imho.

imagine the staff the infrastructure behind the propaganda campaign!

They are deceptive ads targeted to uninformed  voters! Imop

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0261379413001522

Edited by riclag
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, riclag said:

imagine the staff the infrastructure behind the propaganda campaign!

They are deceptive ads targeted to uninformed  voters! Imop

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0261379413001522

And Trump should be at GITMO for Treason and Insurrection inciting Civil War , but here we are 

Edited by Irish star
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cameroni said:

No, I tell you why, I don't think Trump should talk about this nonsense. He should talk about policies and issues. This makes him look odd and obsessed with Ms Harris.

And Weird 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

WDAY RADIO in North Dakota:

First media outlet considers SUING

Kharris campaign for using deceptively edited headlines in ads

“The advertising practice has media organizations like WDAY Radio outraged because these ads make it look like they are campaigning for Harris”.

https://www.inforum.com/news/fargo/harris-campaign-fabricated-wday-radio-headlines-in-ad-campaign

https://www.inforum.com/news/fargo/harris-campaign-fabricated-wday-radio-headlines-in-ad-campaign

source: the radio station 

Edited by riclag

1 hour ago, radiochaser said:

You can post  confirmation  upon confirmation to the sheep come home  , the left will not accept it !

We who expose the hypocrisy  get trolled and insulted repeatedly!

I’ve even been warned that I could be subjected to being barred from here by an intolerant poster! Intimidating isn’t it!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, riclag said:

You can post  confirmation  upon confirmation to the sheep come home  , the left will not accept it !

We who expose the hypocrisy  get trolled and insulted repeatedly!

I’ve even been warned that I could be subjected to being barred from here by an intolerant poster! Intimidating isn’t it!

The Left 555555

Myself my wife and unborn child are shocked at the accusations of manipulation of the press.

The honest unbiased neutral leaning of said media must never be questioned.

20240808_112621.jpg

21 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

When you post sh!t like this, you're not asking an actual question, you're just making a weak troll attempt, and I mean weak.

Watch your language. 

• Haha 1