Any Info On Sathorn Gardens?

I went to see the marketing office at the sathorn villa in March and it was only for info and no mock up apartment. But I was told it would be launched in August.

Last week I went there again, I had seen the lane to go in has been very much beautified. I was shown the mock up room for the 1 and 2 bedrooms, they are tastefully done.

The Price is very competitive and the location is GREAT! unfortunately what happened with the management and bankrupcy in the past makes this place sounds rather negative (reading from comments here).

I believe it is a great location for investment. I view the lane to go in to the apartment being positive as it is shielded from the main road and if you see the Banyan Tree is at the same depth of soi.

Anyone knows more about any legal issues with this property? please share........ Thanks

Regarding location, having lived on soi 6 years ago, I can tell you that you can walk to the bts in about 15 minutes (farang pace). However, a motorbike taxi will get you there in 5 minutes depending on the light at Sathorn. As for location, not bad to get to Central Rama 3 / Lotus (just walk over the footbridge and get a taxi up Narithiwat to Rama 3 or u can do a u-turn at Sathorn (easy on the weekends).

Coming back from the bts, there are motobikes at the step of the bts but the ride up Narithiwat around rush hour on the back of a bike is a bit scary, especially near the u-turn.

I was in the area with some local Thai friends, and we were at BTS Chong Nonsi, and looked at the new building Infinity, which is now almost completed and asking price on resales start around baht 150,000 per sq meter. I said that is a terrific location, on corner of Sathorn and right next to BTS. The Thai friend said Thai people don't like the location because, mainly the area is business district, and at night, there's nothing happening around there -- no restaurants, no street life, nothing, zilch, zip. Secondly, the Infinity overlooks a cemetery, and not only for Thais, but also most Asian people, looking over graves is not somewhere one wishes to live.

Of course, all the condo buildings are at least 51% Thais, so a lot of Thais don't buy into those reasons, or they discounted those reasons and bought anyway, for whatever their own reason might be.

I was in the area with some local Thai friends, and we were at BTS Chong Nonsi, and looked at the new building Infinity, which is now almost completed and asking price on resales start around baht 150,000 per sq meter. I said that is a terrific location, on corner of Sathorn and right next to BTS. The Thai friend said Thai people don't like the location because, mainly the area is business district, and at night, there's nothing happening around there -- no restaurants, no street life, nothing, zilch, zip. Secondly, the Infinity overlooks a cemetery, and not only for Thais, but also most Asian people, looking over graves is not somewhere one wishes to live.

Of course, all the condo buildings are at least 51% Thais, so a lot of Thais don't buy into those reasons, or they discounted those reasons and bought anyway, for whatever their own reason might be.

actually Infinity is much more than 51% Thai, more like 60-70%.

Maybe you need some more Thai friends to balance out opinions ;-)

Resales are starting at 150k that bit is indeed true.

while i do feel sathorn is a great area in general, there may be better locations on sathorn.

sathorn is a lot quieter and easier to deal with than dirty sukhumwit, and lots of businesses nearby which could lead to tenants.

but this location is sort of in the middle- not quite as convenient as being at the sathorn/narathiwat intersection or the one at sathorn/ramaIV... so, depending on the individual, they may find transport not as easy as elsewhere.

i looked at the show units etc. seem decent if a bit small, but thats all relative to your needs. my problem was that i felt it was overpriced as it was quoted around 100k psm and just above that... i imagine its higher now?

Maybe your Thai friends should walk down Narathiwat a bit. The part between Sathorn and Rama III is one the main happening areas for young middle class Thais. There are probably at least 10 clubs/restaurants within walking distance of the Infinity. Without a doubt, one the best locations in Bangkok.

My preference would still be the Suan Plu or Nang Linchi area, much more vibrant, without the Sukhumvit farang ghetto feel.

TH

Edited by thaihome

actually Infinity is much more than 51% Thai, more like 60-70%.

Maybe you need some more Thai friends to balance out opinions ;-)

Resales are starting at 150k that bit is indeed true.

Are Resales , happening at 150K ? or on the market asking 150k ,

i have been seeing some ridiculous asking prices for resales on the met etc in the papers , and justwondering

if people are just shooting high prices or there are actual sales

i have been seeing some ridiculous asking prices for resales on the met etc in the papers , and justwondering

Actual deals going through, I know one of my co workers has been trying to buy up on the basis of development in that area, has 2 or 3 units I think already; and will take anything at 140k or less now; being outbid though.

Interestingly that entire area was all at one point a cemetary all the way around Sofitel Silom etc etc all the way to Sathorn AFAIK. Hundred+ years ago now though. Hasn't stopped most of the other development.

Met resales are going through; cheaper to buy a resale unit than the few remaining from the developer. However I am not personally a huge fan of that development.

Actual deals going through, I know one of my co workers has been trying to buy up on the basis of development in that area, has 2 or 3 units I think already; and will take anything at 140k or less now; being outbid though.

Interestingly that entire area was all at one point a cemetary all the way around Sofitel Silom etc etc all the way to Sathorn AFAIK. Hundred+ years ago now though. Hasn't stopped most of the other development.

Met resales are going through; cheaper to buy a resale unit than the few remaining from the developer. However I am not personally a huge fan of that development.

I agree, the Met for me doesn't do it. I think its the mid-Sathorn location.

personally, I like The Met building and the fantastic views it will provide, but I dont like the location...if it was located at the Ploenchit corner next to Wave Place or at the ex-British Embassy grounds, I would seriously consider snapping up a unit...

the met is menacingly big for my tastes. no offense to those who have bought, it should be a quality project from what i hear.

it looks like it might be one of the biggest residential bldgs around- so i wonder how many people you will run into in the lifts, and how crammed the pool will be etc.

the met is menacingly big for my tastes. no offense to those who have bought, it should be a quality project from what i hear.

it looks like it might be one of the biggest residential bldgs around- so i wonder how many people you will run into in the lifts, and how crammed the pool will be etc.

Unlike say Sukhumvit, where at least there is the skytrain, I just wonder about all the extra traffic on Sathorn with these new developments.