To Chiang Mai by bus - options?

ReinDeerMan

NCA has a bus route Rayong - Chiang Mai but cannot find route Pattaya - Chiang Mai, does it stop in Pattaya and can I buy tickets that bus?

Any other options from Pattaya?

And no - flights NO, NO!

13 hours ago, ReinDeerMan said:

NCA has a bus route Rayong - Chiang Mai but cannot find route Pattaya - Chiang Mai, does it stop in Pattaya and can I buy tickets that bus?

Any other options from Pattaya?

And no - flights NO, NO!

I've been on it in both directions a few times.  It is the Rayong bus but as you've probably found out you can't specify Pattaya as an origin on their website.  I've always gone to the office to book it.

I've travelled on the First Class one as it's the latest into Chiang Mai so easier/quicker to get a hotel room, and it's also a few hours quicker than some of the other buses which take a more convoluted route.

I've also used the train between Bangkok and Chiang Mai which is also overnight and much more comfortable.

• Thanks 1

Yeah the online site doesn't support the intermediate stops... there is a preference for customers who go end to end. I always went to the booking office on Suk and got a ticket with the help of my good lady. No real issue getting on in Pattaya which is en-route. 

Nakhonchair Air has its station in Pattaya, Sukhumvit, very close to Klang, southbound.

My last trip with NCA Pattaya to CMai was extremely long, extremely cold and, due to the styling of their seats, with very little space to stretch the legs.

• Agree 1