Indian Vendors Clash Over Roti Selling Spots, Leading to Stabbing in Si Racha

Georgealbert

9 hours ago, Kerryd said:

So Indians can sell food from moto-sidecars without work permits or visas ?

Note it said "Indian national" and not "Thai of Indian descent". There are a lot of Indians in Thailand who've descended from families that have been here for generations (or longer).

Yes, "Indians" can do it.......also Iranians and Irish (if they know the right people and/or don't get caught).

But not Mexicans, Mongolians or Maltese.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Note it said "Indian national" and not "Thai of Indian descent". There are a lot of Indians in Thailand who've descended from families that have been here for generations (or longer).

It's more likely just a translation issue.

22 hours ago, Kerryd said:

That's what I was wondering as well. I thought foreigners aren't allowed to take up certain professions in Thailand, such businesses being one of them.

On 8/21/2024 at 5:38 AM, Georgealbert said:

Mr. Hima, a 47-year-old Indian national who sells roti from a motorcycle sidecar.

I suspect immigration will be rolling in soon to verify this guy has the proper visa to be doing this job as well as work permit and business licenses. It is most certain police already know who is the other attacker. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Enoon said:

Yes, "Indians" can do it.......also Iranians and Irish (if they know the right people and/or don't get caught).

But not Mexicans, Mongolians or Maltese.

And Turks can sell ice-cream....... 

17 hours ago, neverere said:

It's more likely just a translation issue.

Deliberate to trigger or just an innocent mistake.

The frequency in which this happens makes me suspicious to be honest. 

• Confused 1

Several post breaking forum rules have been removed.

Reminder rule 17. ASEAN NOW news team collects news articles from various recognised and reputable news sources. The articles  may be consolidated from different sources and rewritten with AI assistance These news items are shared in our  forums for members to stay informed and engaged. Our dedicated news team puts in the effort to deliver quality content, and we ask for your respect in return. Any disrespectful comments about our news articles or the content itself, such as calling it "clickbait" or “slow news day”, and criticising grammatical errors, will not be tolerated and appropriate action will be taken. Please note that republished articles may contain errors or opinions that do not reflect the views of ASEAN NOW.

If you'd like to help us, and you see an error with an article, then please use the report function so that we can attend to it promptly.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/22/2024 at 5:50 AM, thesetat2013 said:

I suspect immigration will be rolling in soon to verify this guy has the proper visa to be doing this job as well as work permit and business licenses. It is most certain police already know who is the other attacker. 

Many Indians in Thailand have Thai passports.