Thai social security and health care

Hi all, my to be wife is a long term employee at a small credit union, government controlled but not government owned. She pays her social security each month. Can her farang husband join in, does anyone know. I know that if government employee it's a yes but this is government overseeing an established community owned credit union. Thanks for your help

14 hours ago, EvetsKram said:

Hi all, my to be wife is a long term employee at a small credit union, government controlled but not government owned. She pays her social security each month. Can her farang husband join in, does anyone know. I know that if government employee it's a yes but this is government overseeing an established community owned credit union. Thanks for your help

Husband can get cover only if the wife is a Civil Servant and covered by the Civil Servant SS fund.

Sounds like probably not the case for you.

it is the spouse's civil service status that matters not the place of employment.For example, there are people employed by government in government facilities who are on contract and not career civil servants ---> not covered by the special CS SS.

There is no spousal coverage under the regular SS scheme.

• Sad 1