TM 30 report back after leaving the province?

Schnitzelfritz

Recently I left the province for 2 nights in BKK. Does anyone know if I must report back to Chiang Rai Immigration that I'm now staying at my registered address again? Living at the same address for years on Non O extensions.

The hotel couldn't or rather wouldn't want to tell me if they did file a TM 30. The IO answering my call didn't seem to have any clue either '...maybe it is better to always report'.

Does anyone have some experience?

It seems to be a minefield again. I remember about two years ago, they scrapped the reporting after being away unless you left the Country. Now, more people are coming forward and saying their immigration office requires you to report again. 

We all know that each office is a mini fiefdom that make their own set of rules, and until that situation is improved I guess it is best to go and report, just in case. 

• Agree 1

Whether you need to report or not is down to individual Immigration offices.

Some say yes, some say no.

On Samui, it is a money earner so I always report when I return to the same home for 24 years now.  :sleepy:

Here, immigration go out and knock on doors now and again and everyone that I know who has applied for a visa extension is always asked to show their TM 30

Just now, AhFarangJa said:

It seems to be a minefield again. I remember about two years ago, they scrapped the reporting after being away unless you left the Country. Now, more people are coming forward and saying their immigration office requires you to report again. 

We all know that each office is a mini fiefdom that make their own set of rules, and until that situation is improved I guess it is best to go and report, just in case. 

Yeah, this is why I posted in the Chiang Rai section and not in the Visa section. Seeking answers from people who deal with CR Immigration.

Afaik my wife would have to do the TM 30 because she is the landlord. We would rather avoid dealing with Immigration if it's not necessary. Wife is terrified of dealing with IOs, we had a rather bad experience on my last extension. 

7 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Whether you need to report or not is down to individual Immigration offices.

Some say yes, some say no.

On Samui, it is a money earner so I always report when I return to the same home for 24 years now.  :sleepy:

Here, immigration go out and knock on doors now and again and everyone that I know who has applied for a visa extension is always asked to show their TM 30

Are you your landlord? Because I thought only the landlord can file a TM 30.

22 hours ago, BrandonJT said:

TM30 can be done online by the property owner.  If that's your wife she can just register and easily do it each time you return home.  No need to deal with IOs.

Thank you. The government site gave us just error messages but we were able to file a TM 30 for me using a private site. 

Took less than 10 minutes until the confirmation mail with attached print out was in my inbox.

ID card and blue book of the house owner and my passport was all that had to be uploaded.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1