Man in Thailand Constructs New Gate to Evade Harassing Neighbor

d10fae1086f74b1b896c6c137b6ab941.jpg

A 60-year-old resident of Chachoengsao province in Thailand had to construct a new entrance to his house to steer clear of a troublesome neighbor, reputedly menacing him with a gun. Thitiwat, the victim, voiced his concerns to Athiwat Sirikangwalwong, the creator of the Dare to Step Forward Facebook page about the intimidation he was experiencing from his neighbor, a local teacher, on August 18. CCTV clips authenticated the aggressive actions of the neighbor, which included weapon use.

News correspondents attempted to interview Thitiwat at his home the following day, but found him absent, as he was accompanying his mother to the hospital for physiotherapy. His neighbor's vehicle was spotted outside the estate, but nobody answered the door to the news team's knocks.

Local residents claimed no detailed knowledge of the interpersonal tension, but did observe that Thitiwat had positioned traffic cones outside his property, which initiated conflicts. They described him as a gentleman who occasionally enjoyed karaoke and a few drinks, showing no signs of being troublesome.

On his return, Thitiwat explained that he positioned the cones to highlight a broken manhole cover near his house that produced a loud sound every time cars drove over it, disturbing his sick mother. “I wasn’t restricting anyone from parking, but my neighbor thought I was impeding the area. He disregarded the cones, but I held back from confronting him. I did not want any trouble," revealed the man.

To underline his point, Thitiwat showed the reporters the problematic manhole cover, indirectly illustrating the loud noise it created when trespassed. He admitted to commissioning a contractor to make a side entrance to his residence, aiming to minimize contact with his disruptive neighbor. Despite Thitiwat's attempts to avoid any unpleasantness, his neighbor still sought to agitate him. “He tried agitating me again this morning. I was sitting next to the new gate, but chose to ignore him," Thitiwat added.

File photo for reference only

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-08-22

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1

3 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Despite Thitiwat's attempts to avoid any unpleasantness, his neighbor still sought to agitate him. “

Sounds like a few AN members I know. 

3 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He tried agitating me again this morning. 

Definitely one of our Asean Now members. 

I think most of us know this person. 

2 hours ago, MikeandDow said:

Lots and lots of nut jobs in Thailand

The world has changed, more Nutjobs than ever. 

Mental health issues are Rampant. 

Had a guy travelling on a Jetstar flight from Sydney to Melbourne today, the idiot open the emergency door on landing, then started walking on the wing, crawled down the jet engine, walked away and the cops got him. 

The plane is out of action now, waiting on a replacement door and emergency slide. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST