USB drive keeps on disconnecting after windows 10 update

Hello, yesterday my pc automaticalled updated my windows 10 pro and now whenever i connect my usb drive to watch dash cam videos,

it keeps disconnecting and connecting again after a min. 

i have checked all usb drivers are up to date.

i have used different media player but still usb gets discon.

i have used differnt usb ports 

Anyone know how to solve this problem?

Cheers.

image.png.9ccf9a8482e79e7fd447a3c4e6e4c628.png

Windows 10 updates have given me tons of problems. Not recognizing HDD's, opening a file only to be told that it doesn't recognize the format. Suddenly rendering frequently visited websites unloadable, and corrupting the SMP protocol so I can't access my email provider.

Restoring back to the previous install always corrects the position.  I've turned off auto-updates but somehow, Mr. Gates' crew manage to sneak in a backdoor and it gets updated, albeit less frequently. 

Try restoring to an earlier version.  Once I had to restore back to the original install to fix everything.

How are you playing movies on a USB. Just playing the files themselves or is there anything vaguely linux related on there? 

A recent windows update has messed with people using linux and dual boot stuff. This includes dual booting from usb. 

Otherwise, no idea.

I had this after updating to Win11 Pro and it turned out to be the two new USB sticks I'd bought.  I bought some new Samsung USB 3.2 ones, threw the others away, did the commands below and have never had any trouble since.

To delete all the hidden USB devices, open an administrator command prompt, type Set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 and then the command Devmgmt.msc which opens device manager.  After that you have to click on show hidden devices in the View menu followed by clicking on each greyed out device and right clicking plus selecting uninstall.

Previously, I didn't know how to show the "non-present" devices.  I've never found out the reason why the faulty flash drives went on and off like a turn indicator and can only suppose that they were cheap imports.