Car purchase Pattaya advice

I need to get a car in the next week or so. 

Probably going to be a used car as it's going to be for various types of commuting to Isaan and local. Probably spend about 300 to 400,000 but that's just an early thought.

Just hoping to get a rundown on things I should be conscious of when purchasing vehicles here? It will be purchased in a Thai name.

Thanks in advance.

Anything to be aware of in purchasing in regards to genuine ownership issues or not being correctly registered etc. 

I'm probably not asking the question correctly cuz I don't really know what question is. 

You can have a look at the AN cars for sale section:

https://aseannow.com/forum/79-cars-for-sale-in-thailand/

or Thai forums like Bahtsold. There's a Pattaya FB page called Cars For Sale in Pattaya which has a lot of vehicles on offer. In all these cases, though, it's up to you to judge if the car is what it's said to be. I'd be careful buying from the Russians as they often buy cars that have had a serious accident then do them up and sell them without mentioning it. OTOH, I know a guy who unwittingly bought one and has driven all over Thailand in it for 5 years without any issues, it's only now he wants to sell it that he's finding cannier buyers know that it's been in an accident and insist on a steeply discounted price. The many second-hand dealers around the town will usually give you a 3-month or 6-month warranty, but you pay for it in the price, of course.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1