How stupidity is an existential threat to America

simple1

5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

If you believe that you must also believe and agree that US citizens should be allowed to vote in elections in other peoples countries as well.

Perhaps Russia could vote in US elections and the USA could vote in Russian elections. How about if Israel voted in Palestinian elections and Palestinians voted in Israeli elections, or if Iran were allowed to vote in Israeli elections? Would that be OK with you?

How to vote card

Screenshot_20240825_183932_Brave.jpg

37 minutes ago, zmisha said:

Our great leader Vladimir, told us that in America you can only become a candidate in elections if the wise American rich will give the billion dollars to cover expenses

Vladimir forgot to tell that in Russia you can only be comrade No1 if you do not fall out of a window, are not poisoned, your plane has no accident and you have deep roots with the KGB and the Oligarchs. That way your Russian dream career from Zero (Taxidriver) to Hero (Comrade No1 and billionaire) will happen. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I have long been an advocate of limiting candidates for president to people who have only served in the military, and I would go a step further they must have children that would be of age to serve, and they would have to sign a pledge that their children would be on the front lines if they ever got involved in a war.

How's that for a deterrent? How is that for commitment? 

That you come up with such an idea must mean you are American.

And one of those Americans that I would prefer not to have a vote if you continue to claim to be the unelected, self appointed Police of the World.

Getyour own house in order before telling others what to do.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

56 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

That you come up with such an idea must mean you are American.

And one of those Americans that I would prefer not to have a vote if you continue to claim to be the unelected, self appointed Police of the World.

Getyour own house in order before telling others what to do.

Hello! I was referring to American politics. Wake up on the wrong side of the bed today? I hope you evening is better than your morning! 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

IMO one of the prime causes of stupidity in politics is the skill set brought to it by candidates for office.

Lawyers are 1% of the general US population. They make up 40% of politicians.

Scientists and engineers are 2.5% of the general US population. They are less than 10% of politicians.

I am not saying lawyers are stupid, just the balance of skills needed to run a country is out of kilter.

Most countries bar felons from running for political office. America has gone way beyond stupid into insanity.

The people who run for office these days are on the radical side of the left or right.   We would be better served by randomly selecting people from the phone book.  

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1