Strange Issue with Auros z590 Motherboard Audio.

Formaleins

Something really strange seems to be happening when trying to play audio via Realtek 1st or 2nd outputs (both 3.5mm jacks) It almost feels like something is hijacking these in/outs. (USB audio is fine)

When I boot the PC, before it even gets to the Windows screen, there appears to be an internet radio station that begins playing continuously - very quiet, and almost seems like it is trying to play via the onboard "beeper" speaker.

The radio station is always the same one. The jacks were working as normal for the past week, but the internet station was beginning to become audible.

I have done my virus scans - Defender and Malware Bytes and they detect nothing - But as I say, the radio station has already started playing before the Windows 11 lock screen appears.

I reset the BIOS to defaults, but it is as if it has already been captured.

I know the speakers are good as they both work fine on USB.

I can understand a fault with the MB, but what on earth is causing the radio station starts playing, anyone got any ideas thanks!

Probably the radio station is an ordinary terrestrial station. You know, one of those which ordinary radios receive.

It is possible that the signal is picked up (and amplified) by something in your PC or connected to your PC.

Is your computer case closed?

Is there anything with a long cable connected?

If this applies, close the case and disconnect everything (as much as possible), and likely you won't hear that radio station anymore.

2008-07-28_Mast_radiator.jpg

23 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Probably the radio station is an ordinary terrestrial station. You know, one of those which ordinary radios receive.

It is possible that the signal is picked up (and amplified) by something in your PC or connected to your PC.

Is your computer case closed?

Is there anything with a long cable connected?

If this applies, close the case and disconnect everything (as much as possible), and likely you won't hear that radio station anymore.

2008-07-28_Mast_radiator.jpg

It has never been an issue before - But I just ran msconfig and did selective startup with minimal drivers etc. and it is working fine, none of the antivirus programs find anything and I have tried a few. But it looks more like some sort of Malware rather than something like a Rootkit. I just need to try and find when it activates and hopefully not a fresh install. The radio is either British or USA so I doubt it will bother me in Chiang Mai - Thanks for the suggestions.

16 minutes ago, Formaleins said:

It has never been an issue before - But I just ran msconfig and did selective startup with minimal drivers etc. and it is working fine, none of the antivirus programs find anything and I have tried a few. But it looks more like some sort of Malware rather than something like a Rootkit. I just need to try and find when it activates and hopefully not a fresh install. The radio is either British or USA so I doubt it will bother me in Chiang Mai - Thanks for the suggestions.

Ok, strange.

3 hours ago, Formaleins said:

But I just ran msconfig and did selective startup with minimal drivers etc. and it is working fine,

While in msconfig, did you look at all the startup apps? When the radio's playing I assume you checked all the programs running in Task Manager. You might also look at the Task Scheduler and see if anything suspicious is scheduled to start at boot. Take a look at all the running local services. Finally, when the radio's on, look at the Volume Mixer applet to see what apps show sound volume fluctuation.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gargamon said:

Boot up from a diagnostics or linux usb stick and see if it still happens. If yes it's the motherboard, no it's some software in windows.

This is the way.

• Like 1