I’m trying to sell my gold coin in Thailand. The local gold shops just want to cut them in half because they don’t believe there’s an ounce of gold in the coin. Best price I can get is disappointing 50K.

Where to go? I’m willing to sell private.  

Regards, Dal.

On 8/29/2024 at 5:49 AM, Dancealot said:

I’m trying to sell my gold coin in Thailand. The local gold shops just want to cut them in half because they don’t believe there’s an ounce of gold in the coin. Best price I can get is disappointing 50K.

Where to go? I’m willing to sell private.  

Regards, Dal.

A few years ago, I tried to sell a couple of Kruegerrand in Thailand. A nightmare.

But I make the story short: I finally had to go to Bangkok to visit the branch of my home country bank, where I proved that I have an account with them in my home country.

A week later the bank manager called me, offering me to buy my KR's for the price of XXX (way below international market price).

Equipped with the latest prices from the Wall Street Journal and thereathening the bank manager to report such "business behaviour" back to Switzerland, I finally got the current market price for my KR's.
A nightmare!   

On 9/1/2024 at 9:44 PM, swissie said:

A few years ago, I tried to sell a couple of Kruegerrand in Thailand. A nightmare.

But I make the story short: I finally had to go to Bangkok to visit the branch of my home country bank, where I proved that I have an account with them in my home country.

A week later the bank manager called me, offering me to buy my KR's for the price of XXX (way below international market price).

Equipped with the latest prices from the Wall Street Journal and thereathening the bank manager to report such "business behaviour" back to Switzerland, I finally got the current market price for my KR's.
A nightmare!   

Yeah, Swissie. Relax,  Hey it’s been a minute… 😉 Listen:

just got back from Morris and Watson Chan road near Silom area and it was a ride in the park. Current market prices and a fair deal. They have a special machine that read the Au percentage from the surface of the coin. My Krugs were scanned at 91percent a pop resulting in buying price of 2400 bath a gram. I highly recommend to anyone here looking to sell. 

I,m glad I sold a few ounces today with gold prices skyrocketing. Kicking it at the beach with the kids for a well deserved holiday.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Dancealot said:

Yeah, Swissie. Relax,  Hey it’s been a minute… 😉 Listen:

just got back from Morris and Watson Chan road near Silom area and it was a ride in the park. Current market prices and a fair deal. They have a special machine that read the Au percentage from the surface of the coin. My Krugs were scanned at 91percent a pop resulting in buying price of 2400 bath a gram. I highly recommend to anyone here looking to sell. 

I,m glad I sold a few ounces today with gold prices skyrocketing. Kicking it at the beach with the kids for a well deserved holiday.

So glad to hear that something like this is possible in TODAYS Thailand.