Phuket taxi driver tussle turns streets into a brawl zone (video)

webfact

23 hours ago, webfact said:

the fight kicked off when three Iranian women stood in front of a taxi. The driver asked them to move, which set off a chain reaction of irritation. The women’s husbands, reportedly tipsy, joined the fray, and things quickly got out of hand.

Must be fake news Iranians wouldn't drink alcohol....................................:whistling: :unsure:

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, 2long said:

The big fella in the black wife beater is so very brave to throw a bottle and then step away.

And for a change the locals are outnumbered.

I wonder if alcohol was involved?

23 hours ago, webfact said:

The women’s husbands, reportedly tipsy, joined the fray, and things quickly got out of hand.

On 8/31/2024 at 11:38 AM, NorthernRyland said:

Wonderful my two favorite people tourists and taxi drivers taking a beating.

You are a tourist here also my guy. The only difference between you and the people in this video is there wouldn't be a fight. You would just be jumped by a few Thais and we would be seeing an article of 'Ryland' getting a beating 🙂

11 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Overtourism.

Thailand has to stop relying on farang to survive.  You cant keep selling your country, environment and society for cash.  Find another way.

They were not 'Farangs' (probably one of only 50 words you know in Thai, and i'm being generous). You can tell by the way the didn't fold immediately. Most of the Farangs who come to Thailand are quite honestly soft. It's why they bully around most Europeans so easily because they are very good at reading body language. They can sense a threat or someone who will lay down.

As much as I like Thailand there are problems here, and I have been patient to see if they would be removed, but it's not happening. Oh and the tourist areas are but a minor issue. I have experience in travelling to and living in Thailand for two decades and let me tell you, it's not what you think. Rage is never far from most Thai people. As I am middle aged now I am looking at Malaysia or Indonesia. I want to really chill. Have a peaceful life. Keep thinking the boogey man tourist is your biggest threat. I will be looking on and seeing the predicable results.

• Confused 1

By definition the ayatollahs would declare LOS a godless country.  If god isn't there, he can't see them indulging in booze and pork entrees, and the women parading like harlots with their hair showing.

Malaysia has a two-tiered legal system, one of which is based on Sharia.  If they catch a Muslim drinking alcohol he could get the whippin' stick.  I wonder how strict they are with Muslim tourists, which they get a lot of.

7 minutes ago, daejung said:

Not all iranians support the iranian islamic regime https://twitter.com/PahlaviReza

I've worked with plenty of Iranians - not one of them supported their fundamentalist Iranian Islamic regime...    Its is only 'pure fear' that keeps Ayatollah Ali Khamenei in power - like a religious dictatorship crossed with the Orwellian nature of animal farm - almost dystopian, such is its juxtaposition in 'officia; attitudes from the majority of the rest of the world.

• Confused 1