What stage of the relationship are you currently in with your Thai lady?

On 9/3/2024 at 1:28 AM, maesariang said:

Share a meal

Talk

Have fun

Have sex

Care for each other

What do single people do for 5 or 10 years?

Eat alone,    Talk to themselves  and Masturbate

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, maesariang said:

Cheaper but boring. I hate M. 

You "hate" masturbation ?    maybe you have been doing it wrong all these years.   My mrs isn't a big fan either but thats probably just because her arm gets tired when trying to get me off after a few bottles of chang and a fat spliff. although to be fair I have suggested she gives the beer and weed a miss before administering a hand job, but she swears its the only way she can bear to touch me

• Haha 1

Not wishing to appear pedantic , but does anybody actually refer to their other half as a Thai "lady"    maybe its because I am a native english speaker but it just sounds really weird to me.  The word "woman"  sits much more comfortably with me. "Lady" is a word I virtually never use, along with "gentleman"  

Don't know what our future is.  Had to marry because K1 visa.  But I thought she was worth a K1.  Married 3 years and living in USA.   Odd she  enjoys watching thai people eat and follows the kids of some rich and famous.  But These bloggers have millions of followers .  I think eating abundant food with family and friends nearby stuffing their faces for hours is comforting or the high life??  My biggest worry was after 20 years in bkk without a kitchen she couldn't cook.   She is quite the cook now and learning and I've only started a few loads of laundry since she arrived and she won't let me near the sink when she is washing dishes.  She doesn't iron clothes like she did for her uniforms in BKK but that's ok most Americans in the West don't wear pressed Levi's.  It's great to not have to do any dishes or wash my smoker grates after a day smoking.   She prepares all the mushrooms we find , she guts and cleans the fish we bring home and loves to cook them.  Fish head soup is not bad.  Oh that reminds me of one fight we had.   I normally toss the heads and belly when I fillet my trout.   Caused a real issue.   I had to gather them out of the trash.   Fried fish belly is excellent but probably not to healthy. I mark "monster time on my Google calendar  with an "M" each month so I know it's not anything I did.    We fish, hike, forage mushrooms, work together each day at a handyman Co. we started because she was bored mountain biking so much. And didn't like being supported by my funds or wanted to grow her separate savings? We are doing well but working to hard to mountain bike.   Lots of money to be made in USA.  This economy is great.  People are envious we work together.    Not many married couples spend 99% of their time together.   Yes farts are funny for her.   Maybe that's an isaan thing? She is staying fit and sexy. Has become all I could dream of in the bedroom or mountains.    Doesn't drink.  Doesn't like to go out.  Maybe she doesn't want to be seen with her older husband. I wished she liked to go out but she hates to see drunk people.  And I respect that as she has past and current family with that problem.  Plus many in her village.  She hasn't got her green card yet so we will see after that milestone.    We don't share a telepathic connection like with the ex.   Marriage is never a  guarantee, just work through issues and enjoy the ride.  She hates trump and that's all that matters politically. Seems thai's have a natural sense for good and bad people.  

Edited by Elkski
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/1/2024 at 10:00 PM, Chris Daley said:

Stage 1 Honeymoon Phase - She is adorable and you want to buy her things.  She seems like a decent person.

Stage 2 Financial Dependency Stage - The mask is now off.  She demands for things.  'If you don't keep this job, we are finished!!'

Stage 3 Abusive Stage - She is now an emotional an psychological bully.  Every little thing is an argument.  You can't do right for doing wrong.  Your entire life is now just to make her happy.

I drifted into stage 3 so I said 'okay sure, I'm going'...  She quickly went back to stage 2.  Nice meals, nice outfits, and a more pleasant personality.

How about you?  What stage of the relationship are you at with your Thai lady?

Straight to Stage 4 for me. I find the girls on that stage are younger and prettier than on the other three stages.

Oh, wait...

Married about five years and comfortable with my dear. She manages most things in our lives, one because I am pretty disabled, and secondly because she was a manager for Tesco and is just pretty good at it ( better than myself these days, to be honest).

Her biggest threat when we seriously disagree about something (fortunately not very often) is to help me “find new Thai lady”.

I really can’t imagine living without her anymore.❤️

What stage? We celebrated our wedding anniversary on Sunday 8th; after renting for too many years we bought this house 2018 it's looking like long-term! Wife has a good career 11 years with current employer and no thoughts of leaving, good company, conditions and colleagues. Daughter #1 graduated in HR Mgmt & Employment Law two years ago, working fulltime, saving, and no sign of leaving home (just laughs when I suggest it); D#2 began her Civil Engineering degree in June and works part-time one evening one weekend day. All very settled.

Edited by gomangosteen