Italian Tourist Locked in Office Over Visa Refund Dispute

webfact

7 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Some.agents do that

I really don't need or want to pay someone to do some of the most simplest tasks here.   I do have all day, since retired.  Visa/extensions, driver's license, banking accounts, are all way too easy to DIY.  

I'm actually amazed people ask for and need help with the simplest things.   If using a crap Imm office, that takes hrs to do things, then I can see paying to Q jump, but that's about it.   Luckily have never needed.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I'm rarely there for 1 hour.  Don't know what the rate is, but 5k seems to be the minimum on local forum.   That's just jumping the Q, they do nothing else, as you still need to prep your paperwork.   Which for me is about 15 minutes at the bank, to order, then pick up the following week.  Make a few copies & done.

So reality is, I'm being told to sit and read the internet for 1 hr and I'm paid anywhere from 2500 - 5000 baht.   To do something I do every day ... hmm  ... let me think :cheesy:

I don’t do any paper work agent does everything. I just turn up at immigration they take photo then i’m gone. Day to do more better things than play on the phone. 2,500 is peanuts but if you are a cheap charlie (sounds like you are) maybe to much for you. Enjoy ya day at immigration 🤔

• Agree 1

The italian wanted a refund  the burmese woman locked the door.police come to sort it in a thai way.She caused herself more trouble over a work visa and the business she worked for.You just can,t make up these stories in thailand on how stupid she was and got herself into more trouble than the italian and his refund

• Agree 1