Teaching license for those enrolled in the 7-Module course run by Kurusapa

Here's my predicament:

I enrolled in the 7-Module course recently, paid for it, and started it a few days ago.

I've had 2 waivers (the 2-year, old-style permission to teach that was given to teachers without an education degree), during the 4 years I've been teaching.

Yesterday I was told by the people who process the visas, work permits, and licenses in my school that Kurusapa (the Teacher's Council) will not issue a new waiver, and, therefore, the school will not be able to process my visa and work permit, effectively putting me in a very awkward position.

On the one hand, I am enrolled in a course run by the very body that issues licenses, on the other hand, the same body will not give me - one of their students - permission to teach, therefore I cannot be legally employed, so I will lose my visa, so I will have to leave the country.

This is absurd.

And I am not the only one. Two other teachers in the school are in the same situation and all our visas/work permits are due to expire soon.

Is there anybody else in these or similar circumstances?

I would check if the school doesn't want to get rid of its foreign teachers. The norm is that you get 3 waivers, expecially since you enrolled to the course and stay with the same school. I see no reasons why you shouldn't get a third waiver, unless you had already another waiver with another school..

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

If you open the One Platform, you will see a message sent on March 1st: 'Foreigners who have already make a request can bring evidence of make a request to apply for license renewal.' That is the quote from the message, not from me. Maybe your school doesn't want to do the renewal, they should be able to get you a waiver if they try.

Edited by Quadro80

Can I remind you technically you're not a teacher! because you don't have any teaching qualifications. To be a qualified teacher in the kingdom you need to have an education degree and or a post-graduate in education for a foreigner.